GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Give us our own Roman"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/10/04 at 13:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was reading in one of the rags today that Malcolm Glazer, owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (wooo) and share holder already in Man United, is supposedly 'very interested' in buying a big share of the club to make him the major share holder.

This can only be good news if his track record with the Bucs is anything to go by, this guy's got a ton of money and isn't afraid to spend it on a regular basis. So instead of fainting at the idea at spending 30 million on one player good old Glazer could well not only buy Rooney he'd most probably buy Ronaldinho, Shevchenko and Henry as well (ooooh controversial :-D)

Can you imagine the thought of seeing such world class names lining up with the already star studded United team? Got one star defender in Rio? What the hell let's buy Mexes or Samuel to line up alongside him. Keano's getting a bit old? Call up Gattuso and tell him to pack his bags, a nice juicy contract is waiting. Oh and call Barcelona and tell Ronaldinho we've got rid of the chuckle brothers responsible for losing out on him, time to come to Old Trafford and take up most of the showboat reel along with the Portugese magician.

We could soon be living in our very own Roman wonderland where the transfer market resembles a supermarket and we leave with a ton of great items.

But then again it could once again be mere speculation. Here's hoping it's not
Sun 03/10/04 at 13:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was reading in one of the rags today that Malcolm Glazer, owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (wooo) and share holder already in Man United, is supposedly 'very interested' in buying a big share of the club to make him the major share holder.

This can only be good news if his track record with the Bucs is anything to go by, this guy's got a ton of money and isn't afraid to spend it on a regular basis. So instead of fainting at the idea at spending 30 million on one player good old Glazer could well not only buy Rooney he'd most probably buy Ronaldinho, Shevchenko and Henry as well (ooooh controversial :-D)

Can you imagine the thought of seeing such world class names lining up with the already star studded United team? Got one star defender in Rio? What the hell let's buy Mexes or Samuel to line up alongside him. Keano's getting a bit old? Call up Gattuso and tell him to pack his bags, a nice juicy contract is waiting. Oh and call Barcelona and tell Ronaldinho we've got rid of the chuckle brothers responsible for losing out on him, time to come to Old Trafford and take up most of the showboat reel along with the Portugese magician.

We could soon be living in our very own Roman wonderland where the transfer market resembles a supermarket and we leave with a ton of great items.

But then again it could once again be mere speculation. Here's hoping it's not
Sun 03/10/04 at 13:33
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I'm going with the speculation, but it's always nice to see more money being pumped into English football.
Sun 03/10/04 at 20:49
Regular
whilst you probably already appreciate this there is pretty much no chance of the roman situation being repeated. You would actually have to find another billionaire willing to part with an obscene amount of money, and even then he is sstill not hugely likely to suceed.

The reality is chelsea were owned by two majority shareholders and were nowhere near as valuable a business as man utd ken bates and co wanted to sell and roman wanted to buy. because this could be done with relative ease a FULL take over was accomplished, roman could buy 90% and then buy the rest by right, as that is the stock market rules. he then could do what he wants and doesn't need to consult any other share owners

Whilst Glazer could just about afford united, a full buy out is extremely unlikely, for the controlling stake you only need 30% of united, he will then be the big boss but there will still be plenty of other share holders as man utd is owned by huge number of people, there for there are a lot of dividends to pay, and glazer can't just pump his money into the club as he won't see the return of the same proportion of the money. he is likely to either buy out mcmanus and magnier or go in with them to dictate policy completely at OT, but Romanesque spending and a drastic change in Man utd policy is highly unlikely with out a full 90% take over, which is highly unlikely as it would makevery poor business sense. Only way it is likely to happen is if you can find another roman, who's goals seem less business dictated than one would expect and more for a desire for a plaything.
Sun 03/10/04 at 20:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bah was ignoring all that, thanks for bringing me back down to reality. Meh :-D

Hey any chance of Roman buying us out as well?
Sun 03/10/04 at 20:55
Regular
no sorry his cleaner looked down the back of the couch, and only found 500 million, not quite enough. He's checking his car seats as we speak
Sun 03/10/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
curses, that would be quite interesting though if it happened, especially when we were to play each other.

Altho it means Arsene opening his mouth again talking about conspiracy of throwing games
Sun 03/10/04 at 21:01
Regular
and the fact that its unbelievably illegal might be an interesting point too! :-)

oh and by the way he found 200 mill in the car, if he can find a bit more he'll bribe the government to change the law
Sun 03/10/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
shouldn't be illegal though, if Roman wants to buy all the Premiership teams and pit them all against each other like a kid and his action figures he should be allowed to. It's his cash
Sun 03/10/04 at 21:19
Regular
i don't know for a fact but i suspect buying all the teams in the league is far more legal than just buying 2 of the biggest. If he bought all the teams he could claim them as a single business, seperate them from the league and argue he was providing direct competition to "the championship", which would be the new top division, However the Competition commission would be unlikey to agree! lol. Buying the top 2 of 3 would be reject straight away to though (as would buying the whole league! but at least the principle is there!)
Sun 03/10/04 at 21:41
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
If I had all that money I'd buy some insignificant non league club (probably Woking actually, even though they are FAR from insignificant ;^D), then buy a whole bunch of world class players and get them promoted, and promoted, and promoted some more.

I wish I was rich...

:^(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.