GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silent Thunder"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/10/04 at 10:06
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Out of interest, what's that on your profile page about you studing Mark's Gospel for GCSE? Sounds interesting, just because I'm doing GCSE Religious Studies and was wondering what course you're taking.

Thanks for your time.
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:06
Regular
Out of interest, what's that on your profile page about you studing Mark's Gospel for GCSE? Sounds interesting, just because I'm doing GCSE Religious Studies and was wondering what course you're taking.

Thanks for your time.
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:15
Regular
GCSEs is it Forest? Awww.... Good luck mate. 'Tis a very stressful time.
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:15
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I don't actually know what the course is as an "official title" or anything, but I would label it as Christianity, morals and good and bad influences explored. It's good stuff. Next year I think we go into subjects like abortions and the death penalty.

Currently we're trying to find meanings of certain passages in Mark's Gospel. At the moment we're studying why Jesus would want to go into a desert for 40 days with basically nothing. We had to write an essay for homework about it too, which I got an A* for. Yey. :D

What's the course you're doing?
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:20
Regular
We have this excellent teacher, who got 2 of the top 10 A Level grades in the country, despite my school being state. We're doing Creation/Evolution, religious experiences, Stig Marta and the such. The RE teacher (who's also my form teacher) is a Church of England priest on a Sunday and with so many Muslims and Hindus in the classroom, I have a good ol' debate in the RE classroom as you can imagine, as well as disagreeing with Sir a lot who professes to be an evolutionist.
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:21
Regular
So, as far as books go - Genesis.
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'm doing short course RS, and it's been quite an experience- the class is a mixture of complete retards and intelligent people who have space on their timetables (I'm of the latter, as I didn't want to do short-course geography or something else technical aside from IT).

Only bad thing so far (And this is the second year of it, so it's not as bad it's made out to be!) is that I've had to give in my coursework two or three times, as my teacher kept losing it last year. Easiest thing I'm studying at the moment, by far. Currently studying Religion vs Science, evoloution and all that.
Sun 03/10/04 at 10:30
Regular
In Wales, RE is compulsary (To the dispair of the 'ard people)

It's actually quite interesting, but sometimes boring.

And the people who don't give a damn keep asking random questions at the teacher about God not being true, putting her in the limelight.

She craps herself sometimes. 'Tis quite funny :)
Sun 03/10/04 at 12:00
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
We have a Buddhist guy in our class, and he rambles on about almost everything. RS rocks though, due to us having the most down to earth teacher ever.
Sun 03/10/04 at 12:38
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Must be something about RS teachers*. Our teacher is also great, he won the best teacher award last year or two years ago too. I had him last year and now I have him again, it's easy to see why he won.

*Although saying that, last year there was an RS teacher who was quite boring. Glad I never had him for RS.
Sun 03/10/04 at 12:40
Regular
Just so you know, you don't need to do any work to get an A on short course RE.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.