GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RICOH 9060A CD/RW problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/05/01 at 18:41
Regular
Hi,

I'm having a few problems installing software using my RICOH 9060A CD/RW/DVD player. It seems to spin down at various times during software installation. Half life for example gets to 48 % and you can hear the CD spin down at which point the installation hangs.

Any ideaas on how I can get around it ?

cheers,

Nige...
Wed 11/07/01 at 12:37
"High polygon count"
I think Ricoh drive must have a design fault!

Both myself and a work colleague have the 9120A combo drive, and we have both also had numerous problems with drives hanging and being unable to write to both CD-R's and CD-RW's.

My colleague has already upgraded his firmware and it made no difference, so Ricoh are replacing his drive. I'm going to upgrade the firmware on mine tonight, and if that doesn't solve it, I shall be demanding a replacemant also.

I certainly wouldn't recommend Ricoh's drives to anyone.
Mon 18/06/01 at 23:59
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
My Name is Neo wrote:
> I've also got the combo writer,i find the dvd works perfectly, yet I
> cant write onto 80 minutes recordables, and also mine slows down a
> lot too, if you have, or did have the problem how did you fix it?

i would imagine it's the same problem - i'd try updating the firmware on the drive - they seem to have random problems - my drive was fine with CDR's but wouldn't burn cdrw's at any speed til i updated it. go to www.ricoh.com and they have them to download there, or if you go to www.google.com and search for RICOH 9060A you can find sites which offer region free versions of the firmware so you can play any region DVDs.
Sat 16/06/01 at 12:41
I've also got the combo writer,i find the dvd works perfectly, yet I cant write onto 80 minutes recordables, and also mine slows down a lot too, if you have, or did have the problem how did you fix it?
Thu 24/05/01 at 15:09
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
I'm having a few problems installing software using my RICOH
> 9060A CD/RW/DVD player. It seems to spin down at various times
> during software installation. Half life for example gets to 48 % and
> you can hear the CD spin down at which point the installation
> hangs.

I don't know if this will help but i'd try upgrading the Firmware on the drive, which you can get at the Richoh website (www.richo.com i think?!) I had problems with my drive when i got my new machine - i couldn't burn to CDRW's and the drive liked to 'hang' lots - so i returned it to the store and was told it was me doing things wrong and that it was fine (not so!). I upgraded the Firmware (version 1.7 i think is on it now) and it works fine.

Aparantly you have to be careful when you upgrade a drives firmware though, although i've never done it before and it worked fine first time.

Hope this helps!!

Brio
Sun 06/05/01 at 18:41
Hi,

I'm having a few problems installing software using my RICOH 9060A CD/RW/DVD player. It seems to spin down at various times during software installation. Half life for example gets to 48 % and you can hear the CD spin down at which point the installation hangs.

Any ideaas on how I can get around it ?

cheers,

Nige...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.