GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Release the hounds!""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/10/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Please look at my site blah blah blah.

Before you do:-

. I'm an amateur photographer, so the photos are going to be pants
. the site design is supposed to be simple, the idea being that it doesn't detract from the photos ;^)

All feedback is welcome, positive or negative, and feel free to comment on the photo (there'll be a new one everyday or so) on the site itself.

[URL]http://beepclick.co.uk/[/URL]
Sun 03/10/04 at 09:48
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Tyla wrote:
> What screen res is that at?

800 X 600, browser is at full screen.
Sat 02/10/04 at 22:30
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Tyla wrote:
> Nice to see DC doing well for itself.

I've got 5 accounts with 'em.

:^)
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:37
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Cool.
>
> Also cool is how digital-crocus seems to have appeared everywhere,
> odd how things take off.

I could chuck loads of business Lukes way of only he supported Windows! All our sites are with FastHosts and in all honesty they're crap. Slowly moving all our new stuff to linux/php so there will be scope for future work to be hostred at DC.

Nice to see DC doing well for itself.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:36
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Nimco wrote:
> Yeah, or have the current photo as the middle thumbnail down the side,
> and the previous 2 above it, and the next 2 below it. Then fade the 4
> thumbnails that aren't for the current photo, and have the current
> thumbnail slightly larger than the others... Sorry if that didn't
> read very well, it's hard to explain.

You could set that as a CSS list using link effects to generate that kind of thing. Using a state called .current could be applied to the current TN to keep the tn image slightly larger or in a constant on state.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:32
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cjh wrote:
> Tyla
> Looks good, but at the bottom of the page, that 'B' floats over the
> last part of the Kerry London Ltd link, making half of it
> un-clickable ([URL]http://www.chrisjhaig.co.uk/tyla.gif[/URL]).

What screen res is that at? I know it overlaps slightly below 800 wide, though the B may not be a permanent thing when they finalize that menu.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:31
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Hmmm... wrote:
> LOL!
> After all the cr@p you write I thought this site would be perfect...
> It seems you haven't "excellently coded" the required
> fields in your forms!
> Required Fields !?!

Can't say I've checked them yet. Should be JS handling all of that at the moment. In all hosesty, they only paid £1500 for this with a 3 day turnaround on the project. SO it was launched without true testing. Will bug fix nextweek at somepoint.

*EDIT* Ah ha, tis only on form one which will be my developers fault as he changed the JS when he was creating the JMAIL script. Cheers for pointing that out, just need to re-point it to the correct JS file.

> Have you ever thought about learning SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
> as I notice none of your sites are optimised at all?

Why bother when the client pays for sponsored links and gauranteed rankings. We also pay someone else to do that for us. Site is coded as discussed on the Al list Apart article on CSS and Search Engines.

> Lucky you don't do this as a job.........................

lol, you'd think buy now you'd get it that I do infact do this as a job and have done for over 6 years. Nothing is ever perfect, but it's close enough for the turnaround time required fo this. I personally wouldn;t have launched it untill it had been tested properly, but I didn;t have that luxury, though open to offers if anyone wants to do me a test report.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
"NULL"
This was the kind of thing i was thinking of: [URL]http://www.xyme.net/general/sample.jpg[/URL]
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:34
Regular
Cool.

Also cool is how digital-crocus seems to have appeared everywhere, odd how things take off.
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:31
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Azul wrote:
> It has a little smudge or something at the bottom of the screen, between "Powered by" and
> "Digital Crocus".

Jealousy is a terrible thing ...

;^)
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:30
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Nimco wrote:
> ... Then fade the 4 thumbnails that aren't for the current photo, and have the current
> thumbnail slightly larger than the others...

Good suggestion, but I want to keep it all fairly simple.

Cheers anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.