GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do I smoke when I drink?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/10/04 at 00:43
Regular
I used to smoke a lot, perhaps up to 20 a day. For the past year or so I've avoided cigs almost completely, except when I drink alcky-hol.

I rue waking up with a taste in my mouth like the bottom of a sewer and lungs like a back-firing engine. What's the secret additive in ale that makes me ignite a cancer stick?

Answers on a postcard to :

General Chat
ukchatforums.com
Fri 01/10/04 at 00:43
Regular
I used to smoke a lot, perhaps up to 20 a day. For the past year or so I've avoided cigs almost completely, except when I drink alcky-hol.

I rue waking up with a taste in my mouth like the bottom of a sewer and lungs like a back-firing engine. What's the secret additive in ale that makes me ignite a cancer stick?

Answers on a postcard to :

General Chat
ukchatforums.com
Fri 01/10/04 at 10:12
Regular
"what's punctuation"
several reasons

1 people around you are smoking

2 alcohol relaxes you and erodes your inhabitions to the point that things you normaly wouldn't do (smoking , getting naked in public, shagging that hidiouse beast of a woman)

3 it's habit a drink and a fag go together (or so i'm told as i don't smoke) so even if youir at home with a beer your automatic reaction is to reach for your cigs

be awear of this and take action to break these habbits

by packets of peanuts to keep your hands busy

tell your mates to slap you when they see you with a fag in your hand

or simply try to slowly cut down the amount you have each night your out
Fri 01/10/04 at 10:25
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Yeah Im a quitting smoker too Borat, I find that during the week I have no problems not smoking at all.

After my first pint, I have to have a ciggy and one with every pint afterwards. Im not sure I actually enjoy smoking them, but can't go without them whilst out drinking. I guess its a habitual thing, and in awkward social situations e.i with strangers (mates of mates etc) before that stage of mutual love (several hours later), smoking a cigarette is a break in the stilted conversation.

Also it can be a bonding point as you offer people cigarettes in the false hope that they will return the favour when yours inevitably run out.

Otherwise its a conspiracy between the booze and fag compmanies.
Fri 01/10/04 at 10:45
Regular
"not dead"
Why do I smoke when I drink?

Probably friction. Try moving a little slower to stop your mouth from over-heating, and avoid drinking from flammable objects.
Fri 01/10/04 at 12:02
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
I used to smoke like 20+ s day a year or so back.. And i always used to smoke double when i went out on the drink.

I know i did it cause i was used to doing it..

Its hard though when trying to quit. But dont give in to temptation
Fri 01/10/04 at 12:04
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I used to before I realised it was stupid.
Fri 01/10/04 at 12:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Also, as thingy ma bob said, it's good way to break the ice.

A friend of mine who didn't smoke used to take a lighter out with him to try and pull. Only problem would be kissing a smoker.

Urgh
Fri 01/10/04 at 12:17
Regular
Because it tastes nice.

I quit smoking a year ago though, I do have the ocassional snout with a pint but that's about it.

Dirty, expensive habit that I can live without.
Fri 01/10/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Probably friction. Try moving a little slower to stop your mouth from over-heating, and
> avoid drinking from flammable objects.

:^D
Fri 01/10/04 at 12:32
Regular
Dr Cheese wrote:
> by packets of peanuts to keep your hands busy

I tried eating packets of crisps every time I got the urge. I went through the best part of a multipack.

I did only have 2 cigs last night though, which I'm reasonably happy with.

I'm not reasonably happy with my hangover though.

ughrrrrrrrrrr

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.