GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got me a job"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/09/04 at 23:01
Regular
At long last I've landed myself a job that I don't consider to be half bad.

I get to build up EPOS systems, designed to be used in the hospitality sector (i.e. pubs/clubs/restaurants/hotels/football clubs/leisure complexes). Those touch screen thingies you see when you pay for your steak and chips in your local will be my forté from now on. And when I'm not building them up, I'm travelling all over the north of England and Scotland, in my company supplied car, installing them and tutoring clients on how to use them.

It might not sound much to you, but every job I've had so far has been total crap, paying total crap wages and with no prospects whatsoever. Now I've finished Uni it's time to stop fecking about. Even if I find it not challenging enough with relation to the I.T. aspects, it's great experience and good on my CV.

Plus there's a plethora of barmaids and waitresses out there needing 'one to one' tuition.

Just thought I'd bore you with all that information. Seeing as how all my mates are staying in tonight or doing other crap, I've decided to celebrate with a few cans and some loud music.
Fri 01/10/04 at 09:25
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Nice one.
Fri 01/10/04 at 00:13
Regular
Nice one Cap'n Biggles.

it's about time.
Fri 01/10/04 at 00:12
"I love yo... lamp."
This has to be a prank of some sort.

Borat work?!

Well done mate.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:29
Regular
Adios Icky, cheers V_M.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:28
Regular
"you've got a beard"
well done mate, travelling jobs are ece... especially when the company pays for them! :)
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:28
You know they're going to miss you.

Congrats once again, I will now retire for some shut-eye.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:27
Regular
Yeah, it was a lot of hard work. Not something I'd care to repeat. I scraped through with a pass degree, was glad to finish.

time to start earning pennies.

Handed in my notice at somerfield tonight. no more stacking shelves for me.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:24
Heh, just remembered, you're actually a pro now, aren't you? With all that BCS accreditation and other official stuff. Woohoo
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:22
Regular
EPOS Installation/Support Engineer

From the point of view of what I did at Uni (BSc. Computing Technology) it's really not very challenging. But I think it offers other challenges, and even if I decide it ain't for me in a year or so, it's great experience.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:19
Yep.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.