GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Passion And The Love: Game-A-Day-For-Me."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/09/04 at 21:08
Regular
This is a short article I wrote about Game-A-Day and the UK Chat Forums, and how it's changed my life. It's because I feel sad for all those people who competed against me, and put their blood and sweat and tears and hopes and dreams into their work, and now learn how I did not type but a single word.

That first time I won my Game-A-Day was one memorable day. It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this game was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And then I got bored with it and sold it on eBay for £10. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever.

Video games are a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much CGI beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in. Some may call it stupidity on part of my opponents; others may call it tragic. I call it beautiful. My scheme; so simple; yet so deliciously cunning: what other word can describe it so?

And yet I wonder, do people really spend all those weeks and long hours writing a walkthrough just so that they can have a chance at winning a game?

I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you win your first Game-A-Day. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined my street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Jimmy's brand new Playstation... And Half-Life... And Half-Life... And... Goldeneye.

I guess some people could be pretty annoyed about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much gaming beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then the polygons flow through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.
Wed 29/09/04 at 23:04
Regular
Nope.

Dunston Checks In, Scene 5, Act 2.

It's a very poignant scene.
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Heh, Shawshank Redemption.
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:16
Regular
And that's how it came to pass that on the second-to-last day of the September month, the crazy crew that tarred the forum walls in the autumn of 2004 wound up sitting in a thread at ten o'clock at night drinking icy cold, Bohemia-style Tonay, courtesy of the fastest connection that ever walked a turn at Special Reserve Forums.
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:58
Regular
Please stop Tanoy. Your stupidity is making me weep.
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:57
Regular
Nope, you're going in the wrong direction.

Say it with me, deeeeee-crease, I said deeeeee-crease.
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:56
Regular
Tanoy wrote:
> Good, but less words next time. Lets bring the word count dowwwn to
> zero.

What exactly are you on about?
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:52
Regular
Good, but less words next time. Lets bring the word count dowwwn to zero.
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:50
Regular
Yes, you clearly are struggling.
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:40
Regular
Tanoy wrote:
> Apple Crumble wrote:
> I feel this thread is an attempt at GAD :S
>
>
> That would be quite ironic. But GAD doesn't reward comedy or writing
> talent - if it did, my shelves would be so packed full of games that
> I'd never get a chance to 'feel the rain of polygons travel all over
> my being'.

Wed 29/09/04 at 21:40
Regular
Apple Crumble wrote:
> WoopWoop wrote:
> Waste of 3 minutes of my life...
>
> Yep, totally agree. I didn't even bother reading it. It's false

Hah. You read every syllable, Betty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.