GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where's the cheapest place to buy an Ipod in the USA?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/09/04 at 17:05
Regular
"She's a dog!"
As a Brit I dunno, but as I'm visiting and my auntie has a house there I can order one to be delivered or buy when I'm there. So where's the cheapest place?
Wed 29/09/04 at 13:24
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> The fact that they are more stable and reliable as well as far cooler
> AND liked by women, may however give them good reason to buy an Apple
> laptop.

I dunno, Xp hasn't crashed once on me (ironically it was only Firefox that has recorded the mmost program crashes). And as for cooler well, you can get any better then be able to write on the screen direct.
Wed 29/09/04 at 13:05
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
wallmart. Apparantly. Well ive heard they are chaper there in Canada. So im presuming they are the same in the US
Wed 29/09/04 at 10:07
"I love yo... lamp."
The fact that they are more stable and reliable as well as far cooler AND liked by women, may however give them good reason to buy an Apple laptop.
Tue 28/09/04 at 23:19
There's more, on trying to attract CS students:

"Close it, it sleeps. Open it, it awakens immediately. As a computer scientist, you’re probably wondering the same thing we are: Why hasn’t anyone else figured this out?"

Whoever wrote that are idiots, no CS student is going to take that in as an excuse to buy a Mac.
Tue 28/09/04 at 23:12
Quote from their site, STUDENT SECTION:

"Think you can do all that with a Windows PC? Think again."

Big fat lie.
Tue 28/09/04 at 23:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Now you have to access the site from your uni network to get the educational discount.
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
There is an educational store on the apple website, just fill in the name of your uni and the city. When I ordered mine they asked for no proof.
Just fill in the box that says what you'll use it for as 'educational'
Gets you a 10% discount I believe.

Even better right now if you know anyone who is going to buy an apple computer online as there is a deal on which would save quite a bit.

I think the price is pretty much the same anywhere you buy it so the US apple stores will no doubt be much the same as other places in the US that sell them.
Just hope that the exchange rate is good when you go :-P
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:31
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Ashley wrote:
> you don't even need an nus. just call them up and say you are a
> student, give them your uni email that should be confirmation enough
> otherwise you can fax or email any document from the uni with your
> name on it. Most of the time just say it and they'll trust you

I go to a 6th form College not a Uni ... But I'm applying for a NUS card.

Cheers for the sites and advice.
Tue 28/09/04 at 21:07
Regular
I just used the store locator on apple.com and found the nearest place to me when I was in Florida. Cost about £160 for a 20GB iPod :)
Tue 28/09/04 at 20:33
Regular
you don't even need an nus. just call them up and say you are a student, give them your uni email that should be confirmation enough otherwise you can fax or email any document from the uni with your name on it. Most of the time just say it and they'll trust you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.