GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fast Food (A Discussion)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/09/04 at 15:38
Regular
Fast Food

The broad doorway slowly opens and the pulsating odour of processed food clatters into you like a speeding train. You step inside, startled by the filthy establishment. Inside you see numerous tables crammed into the minute restaurant, with advertisements occupying the windows like a swarm of parasites. Salty fries litter the wooden floor like repulsive maggots, and the odd soft drinks spillage catches the eye now and again. You can tell here the goal is money-making and not customer satisfaction. Jaded plants wilt in the blistering heat, and personal hygiene is non-existent.

But the temptation lingers in the back of your mind

You trot wearily toward the counter. A stereotypical teenager grunts and stumbles toward you. He impatiently asks for your order. Sweat pours from his brow like a gushing stream, and his grotty appearance leaves you feeling uncomfortable. His face is plastered with spots like craters on the moon, and you instantly recognise the fact he is here to earn some quick cash and hates the gruesome restaurant within he works. Behind him, through the lingering mist, you can make out the kitchen. The cramped, disgusting conditions where they prepare your food builds up a repulsive image within your head. You know that within that grime hole some filthy individual is preparing your lunch.

But the temptation lingers in the back of your mind

A packaged meal is flung onto the counter, and the teenager’s eyes gleam like polished leather when you hand him a crumpled up ten pound note. You grab your meal and quickly make your way out of the restaurant before some filthy disease lingering in the air infests itself within you. You can see numerous amounts of obese children sat at the tables, happily scoffing their mouths with fries as their parents look on, not caring about their child’s health. You breathe in a huge proportion of the winter’s air when you finally stumble out of the establishment. You look at your processed meal, and start to doubt yourself.

But the temptation still lingers in the back of your mind

You sit alone at a wooden bench and open the greasy packaging. A carton of fries stares hard at you, each greasy fry with fat dribbling down its potato jacket screams at you to be eaten. Mayonnaise oozes from your burger like melted butter, and the giant slice of scorched beef, juices streaming down its chewy skin, wants to occupy itself inside your stomach. A blend of crispy lettuce leaves and blood-red tomato slices creates a dressing within which the deadly processed food lies. A sickening feeling wafts through your head like thick black smoke, and you wonder whether to take a bite.

But the temptation still lingers in the back of your mind

Fast food is one of the major reasons behind a growing population of obese people in the UK. The filth and grime that goes into the processed food is eaten by many on a daily basis. If we want to tackle the obesity problem we must start with the food we eat, and offer children healthy alternatives in all places where food can be purchased.
Tue 05/10/04 at 09:26
Regular
You're right, but there's no way that governments should ban it.

Basically, we can't be told what to eat, we've got to learn that for ourselves. And those that don't, I guess that's their problem.
Mon 04/10/04 at 22:40
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
I try to tend to stay of Fast Foods, as when I was younger at the age of 16 i was a 38 waist size and over 17 stone. This was due to marketing wrong types of foods, McDonalds were very good at attracting me into their shops. It has now taken me 5 years to get down to a 30inch waste and now 11 stoned, and I recon that the best thing that any government is to get rid of Fast Food. Since I have stopped eating fast food, over the 5 years I feel more happier, improved labedo, not ill as often as I used to be, and about 1000 more benefits that i cant remember.

Now I very rarly eat fast food, maybe sometimes I eat at Pizza Hut with some mates, but mainly I enjoy Chinese or a trip to Marks & Spencer. Even at lunch times where I might want food, Enjoy Fruit and a bottle of Water or even a cup of tea.... trust me its better
Mon 04/10/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Fat people deserve all they get.
Mon 04/10/04 at 13:19
"Was UW."
I hate them all.
Mon 04/10/04 at 08:12
Regular
"8==="
Whitestripes DX wrote:
>
> I would certainly hope not, seeing as Diet Coke is worse for your
> health than regular coke.

Saccarin, aspartame or sodium acelsulphate (or something)?

Good old evil sweetners. STAY AWAY FROM THE SWEETNERS!!
Mon 04/10/04 at 08:11
Regular
"8==="
I usually grab some jumk food about once a week.

I find that a BK whopper makes me eat things I usually hate: Tomato, lettuce, mayonnaise, ketchup.

I hate them all but when they're put togeather in the quantities found in a whopper they're really tasty.

So normally I wouldn't eat these so I guess the fast food is actually making my diet more varied.
Mon 04/10/04 at 00:42
Regular
one-eye wrote:

> Tell me this, do you order a Double Whopper with cheese meal made
> super size, then feel better because as a drink you selected
> "diet coke"? HA! A wry smile creeped across my face every
> time.

I would certainly hope not, seeing as Diet Coke is worse for your health than regular coke.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's simple. Ignore MaccyDs and the BKs and KFCs, and walk to the nice Italian place with the fine-ass Italian waitress.
Sun 03/10/04 at 19:31
Regular
Good points there one-eye, especially about the queing and people not knowing what they want. Couldn't agree more.
Sun 03/10/04 at 19:29
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
<<--- ex-Burger King employee (until last week).

I have to admit, at 23 (full-time student), I was a late entry to the world of fast food and what comes out of those grills.

I can only speak for the one restaurant but I was paid minimum wage (£4.50 an hour) and constantly pressured to do the graveyard evening shift when there's barely a soul to be found in the place. Like hell I was gonna be pushed into that, no sir!

People ordering kids meals are the worst, it doesn't matter how long they've been waiting, 9 times out of 10 the parent(s) gets to the counter and hasn't got a clue what her 5 kids want...

...THIS people, is one of a few reasons you get queues in McDonalds/BK! People that don't know what they want but order slowly as they're thinking about it and those that change their orders after they've paid...causing much confusion and throwing the kitchen staff out of sync (they make the orders to the screen displayed back there).

As for the burgers, well...they don't go IN looking very delicious I have to say, and you can see the fat dripping off them as they're coming out.

Do yourselves a favour, that sandwich back in Marks N Sparks/Boots etc might have looked expensive...but you're better off with it I promise.

(Sorry, I kind of hijacked the topic so..). Overweight people (of varying degrees)...I got them a lot, and they order accordingly.

Tell me this, do you order a Double Whopper with cheese meal made super size, then feel better because as a drink you selected "diet coke"? HA! A wry smile creeped across my face every time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.