GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WCW, anew?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/09/04 at 11:16
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I know that this forum is for WWE threads but you guys and gals should be interested in it because of what it means for the WWE. From what I gather from various sites and TV appearances, Ted Turner is hoping to build a new federation in 2005 (he can only do it then due to some contractual issues with WWE which means he can show, own or promote wrestling on his network). This means fanatstic news for WWE fans because it means that there is a chance of a better WWE product, ladies and gentlemen buckle up, the monday night wars are set to begin!
Tue 12/10/04 at 11:20
Regular
"..."
GWX_GAMER wrote:
> What am I hearing here? WCW returns?...

In theory, yes, but it won't be called WCW, as WWE owns the rights to those initials now.
Mon 11/10/04 at 21:13
Regular
"nintendo-4-life"
What am I hearing here? WCW returns?...
Tue 28/09/04 at 13:08
Regular
"..."
It's a bit early to debate about Turner making a rival promotion that can be considered competition. OK, he has a lot of money to spend, but all that's going to get him is guys who are past it, guys who've failed in the main event and guys we are bored of. Hogan, Nash, Hall, Waltman, Goldberg...yes he's got the money to bring them in...but aren't even the most ardent of wrestling fans, other than the quick fix nostalgia trippers, bored to tears with them? Plus there are major issues he'd need to resolve that will significantly effect such a promotion, who would be doing the booking/creative for example. It's a bit too early for such speculation.
Tue 28/09/04 at 12:27
Regular
"you've got a beard"
he should just sink loads of cash into TNA.
it's already pretty well established and some more powerful financial backing could see it evolve into a nice bit of competition. Whatever happens, WWE needs a rival to light a fire under it's butt to improve the quality of the product. i understand that after all this time it must be hard to find fresh ideas, but they're really dropping the ball on certain things lately, such as breaking up kidman/london (as Cong rightly pointed out) and the whole miscarriage angle seemed maybe a little TOO personal for my tastes (and a special mention to Lita, who managed to act doing *NOTHING* badly :).. she may be pretty good in the ring, but hollywood won't be calling anytime soon :) )

bottom line is that trying to get one up on the other guy makes for a better show, so here's hoping that something comes of this, one way or the other.
Tue 28/09/04 at 11:16
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I know that this forum is for WWE threads but you guys and gals should be interested in it because of what it means for the WWE. From what I gather from various sites and TV appearances, Ted Turner is hoping to build a new federation in 2005 (he can only do it then due to some contractual issues with WWE which means he can show, own or promote wrestling on his network). This means fanatstic news for WWE fans because it means that there is a chance of a better WWE product, ladies and gentlemen buckle up, the monday night wars are set to begin!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.