GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help the environment"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/05/00 at 20:11
Regular
Think of it now. It's the year 2000, you're driving alone, just like everyone else, in one of those big, futuristic beautiful cars that we all imagine. It's got those big rocket power engines coming out of the back and then......
Er, and then you wake up. Well that sort of thing is what dreams are made of and after all, and we all know that technology isn't going to break all boundaries and bring us totally new and exciting, pulsating mega machines in time for 2001.
But even so, things could change. Nowadays wherever you go there are cars. I wonder how many people reading this know the feeling of being stuck on a hot, stuffy bus or in a boiling car, and just sitting there waiting for the seemingly hundreds of cars in front of you to move on, even just a centimetre.
Well, by 2001 this problem will have got worse. The number of cars on the road is rising every year. If more people chose to use public transport it would help, but not everybody is willing to do this. But even this doesn't solve all our problems. There's still the big environmental factors. All cars and buses pump out huge amounts of waste gases every day. These are not only hazzardous to the environment and the world around us but our health as well, such as to asthma sufferers.
But there is a form of transport that, if used more, could help the problem. BIKES. Just think of how great they could be. No more traffic jams, no stuffy, packed buses. Just on your bike with the breeze lashing through your hair (oops, maybe not- always remember to wear a helmet). Not only are bikes efficient they are also cheap to use and maintain. I mean bikes don't need petrol, insurance and parking fees. Hey, you don't even need a licence to ride one. Adding to the pluses of bikes is the fact that you'll be keeping fit and in tip top condition while using them. And just think all this while helping to save the environment. I definately think bikes are THE transport for the 21st century. So hey, get in to your garden and pull out that rusty old bike from the back of your shed. Blow off those cobwebs, fit it up, and get your dad to give it a lick of paint. Failing that show your parents this article and ask them nicely to please buy you a lovely new, top of the range, 15 geared, mountain bike.
I know this is nothing to do with computers, but I must get the word spread that pollution is ruining the earth at a scary rate and we must each do our bit. (In the words of jim carrey: and in case I don't see you...good afternoon, good evening, and good night)!!
Thu 11/05/00 at 20:11
Think of it now. It's the year 2000, you're driving alone, just like everyone else, in one of those big, futuristic beautiful cars that we all imagine. It's got those big rocket power engines coming out of the back and then......
Er, and then you wake up. Well that sort of thing is what dreams are made of and after all, and we all know that technology isn't going to break all boundaries and bring us totally new and exciting, pulsating mega machines in time for 2001.
But even so, things could change. Nowadays wherever you go there are cars. I wonder how many people reading this know the feeling of being stuck on a hot, stuffy bus or in a boiling car, and just sitting there waiting for the seemingly hundreds of cars in front of you to move on, even just a centimetre.
Well, by 2001 this problem will have got worse. The number of cars on the road is rising every year. If more people chose to use public transport it would help, but not everybody is willing to do this. But even this doesn't solve all our problems. There's still the big environmental factors. All cars and buses pump out huge amounts of waste gases every day. These are not only hazzardous to the environment and the world around us but our health as well, such as to asthma sufferers.
But there is a form of transport that, if used more, could help the problem. BIKES. Just think of how great they could be. No more traffic jams, no stuffy, packed buses. Just on your bike with the breeze lashing through your hair (oops, maybe not- always remember to wear a helmet). Not only are bikes efficient they are also cheap to use and maintain. I mean bikes don't need petrol, insurance and parking fees. Hey, you don't even need a licence to ride one. Adding to the pluses of bikes is the fact that you'll be keeping fit and in tip top condition while using them. And just think all this while helping to save the environment. I definately think bikes are THE transport for the 21st century. So hey, get in to your garden and pull out that rusty old bike from the back of your shed. Blow off those cobwebs, fit it up, and get your dad to give it a lick of paint. Failing that show your parents this article and ask them nicely to please buy you a lovely new, top of the range, 15 geared, mountain bike.
I know this is nothing to do with computers, but I must get the word spread that pollution is ruining the earth at a scary rate and we must each do our bit. (In the words of jim carrey: and in case I don't see you...good afternoon, good evening, and good night)!!
Fri 12/05/00 at 19:42
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
although asthmas bad news for all people, and is increasing, you won't be able to stop all the cars on the roads!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.