GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheating"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/09/04 at 21:12
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Have you ever been so frustrated with a game at one particular bit that youve decided to cheat? I do quite a lot, but then once I use the cheat, temptation usually gives in if I get stuck at a part for about 5 minutes. Cheating is a waste of time unless its in GTA when you are doin it for fun. Why is it then that no matter what the game I am inclined to browse for cheats? Its like a virus or something, once it has you there is no going back.

Anyone else have these symptoms?
Sun 26/09/04 at 21:12
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Have you ever been so frustrated with a game at one particular bit that youve decided to cheat? I do quite a lot, but then once I use the cheat, temptation usually gives in if I get stuck at a part for about 5 minutes. Cheating is a waste of time unless its in GTA when you are doin it for fun. Why is it then that no matter what the game I am inclined to browse for cheats? Its like a virus or something, once it has you there is no going back.

Anyone else have these symptoms?
Fri 01/10/04 at 15:13
Regular
Most of us do it to unlock any secret areas of a game which may not be known otherwise. For example Soul Blade for PS1 requires for anyone playing to leave their console on for 20 hours non-stop in order to unlock one single character. However, by cheating you don't need to do this and instead prolong the life of our beloved game consoles!
Fri 01/10/04 at 18:31
Regular
Serious Gamer wrote:
> Most of us do it to unlock any secret areas of a game which may not be
> known otherwise. For example Soul Blade for PS1 requires for anyone
> playing to leave their console on for 20 hours non-stop in order to
> unlock one single character. However, by cheating you don't need to
> do this and instead prolong the life of our beloved game consoles!

well said
Fri 01/10/04 at 21:19
Regular
"Mecca"
its because you're weak.

cheaters never prosper!
Fri 01/10/04 at 21:29
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Meh, I cheat quite often, mainly to make games a little more fun. I've just this minute got some cheats for Psi-Ops, a game that I bought today. Now I can mess around with the Psi-powers without worrying about being killed.
Fri 01/10/04 at 21:36
Regular
i only cheat when i can't do the game or i get stuck or i have compleated the game and want a littel more fun out of it
Fri 01/10/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Mecca"
i know i know... i cheat all the time. i was just putting on a responsible persona!
cheating is fun!
Sat 02/10/04 at 11:39
Regular
I hardly ever cheat as theres no point.
You buy a game, then you play til you get bored of the game
Leave it in a cuboard. Find it a yeat later
"Wow i forgot about this game, lets see what its like".
Find out its rubbish.....CHEAT.
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The only sort of cheats i use are like the big head cheats or using a different character skin like on GTA.

Don't see the point in buying something then just cheat through it, spoils it
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:30
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I agree with lakers. The only good cheats are humour-enhancing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.