GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Day At School (A Story)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/09/04 at 16:45
Regular
FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL

‘Are you alright love?’ My mum spoke, her soft voice felt so distant.

‘Yes,’ I replied quickly, my hands trembling uncontrollably. My mum continued along the road until it came into sight. She pulled up the car at the roadside. I looked up and gasped. Before stood the entrance to the gruesome dungeon I had been sentenced to. I began to panic. I wanted the floor to swallow me up and let me forget where I was.

‘Right, you’d better make a move.’ My mum spoke. ‘Now don’t worry, everything will be fine.’ I stepped out of the car, and time seemed to pass by so slowly as my mum pulled away from the pavement and drove off into the distance. I felt so weak. I felt like running, running as far as I could and forgetting about my life. Slowly, I forced myself around and made my way toward the rusty iron gates that barred the entrance to the cursed lands I was summoned to.

I pushed against the gate, and stepped onto the school grounds. Fear flowed through my mind like a gushing stream. I stared up at the arched oak trees that glared hard at me, trying to grab me with their arthritic finger-like boughs. I was overwhelmed by the chocking atmosphere, as I forced myself to follow the concrete path that lead me to the school buildings.

The walk down the driveway seemed to last an eternity. I looked to my left at the vast fields that graced upon the school grounds. The swirl of green that blazed from the grass pieced my eyes, as I stared up at the arched rugby posts, crushed in rust deposits. The gravel track lay still in the howling winds, and the sky was tinged with grey. Each pupil I passed towered over me like a skyscraper, and a serious look was melted upon their faces. They glared hard at me, warning me to stay away. When I reached the end of the drive I felt exhausted. The runaway gales seemed to crush my body, like a giant hand clasping around me and squeezing.

I continued on, like an adventurer walking to the top of a mountain. As I walked, I passed the tennis courts that lay still in the cold, hard breeze. I turned and saw the playing grounds, battered from the constant thumping of children’s feet and to the right stood a row of broad trees, protecting the school grounds like guard dogs. I turned my head, and there before stood the dreadful prison I was to spend the next few years of my life inhabiting. I steadily trotted toward the monstrous buildings that cast huge shadows over my cold body. The building’s ancient structures were battered and worn, and I could see numerous panes of smashed glass and broken doors, creaking in the winter winds. I took a deep breath, and turned the corner to step out onto the playground.

There were my inmates. There was a whole army of other pupils, together creating an ear-piercing noise like the cry of a crow, and each one happily playing upon the concrete grounds. A sea of dark blue lashed before me. Terror chocked my aching mind, and my heart pounded against my chest like a caged beast, screaming to be let out. I slowly stepped onto the grounds, clutching my books tightly. The waves of pupils were slowly crushing against me, as I tried effortlessly to make my way toward the classroom. I had never felt so tiny and so insignificant in all my life. I closed my eyes tight until tears began to roll down my cheeks, and I ran through the battering waves of pupils.

I eventually reached the other side of the playground totally exhausted. I looked up at the vast army of pupils, happily laughing and pushing each other around. Suddenly, a piercing sound sliced through the noise from the pupils. The siren had rung, and I needed to get to my classroom. I made my way toward the block, aching in pain and fear shooting through my body. On arriving at the classroom, I lined up against the wall. The other pupils in my class glared at me, each one standing away from me as if I had a contagious disease. They snarled at me, which built up a whirling rage inside me.

‘Come in,’ a harsh voice suddenly cried, and we all hurried into the classroom. I made my way toward the back of the classroom, and occupied a table alone. My eyes suddenly fixed at our teacher. His eyes were squinted and piercing, like two marbles cemented below his brow, and his back arched at an uncomfortable angle. His eyes met mine, and I quickly lowered my head. I wanted to cry, but I forced myself to hold a straight face.

‘These next few years will be the worst of my life,’ I thought to myself…
Mon 27/09/04 at 20:09
Regular
Mwah

Be back on at 9.45 off to play footie (5 a side)
Mon 27/09/04 at 20:04
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I'm from Manchester. I like it, and yet I don't...
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:45
Regular
Lol

Where are yu from Hibernator. I live in Bridgend, sadly :(

But the Odeon cinema there rocks. I hate going into town there though, because there are plenty of wierd people that try to kill you. I usually go into Cardiff for a spree.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:43
Regular
"For One Night Only"
'Fraid so.

But as I just said on the movies forum, life's a b!tch and then you marry one.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:41
Regular
Okay

Yeah he's really getting onmy nerves too. So if there are stupid people posting randomly I'll just ignore them.

Some people suck huh :(
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:37
Regular
"For One Night Only"
My day was good, albeit frustrating.

I know you're new to the forums, I'd just like to say ignore people like Tanoy. I'd rather have newbies like you around.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:21
Regular
Same. Lesson 1, 2, Break, 3, 4, Dinner, 5 home.

Life is so repetative :(
Mon 27/09/04 at 18:21
Regular
"For One Night Only"
And how has school been, today?
Mon 27/09/04 at 16:05
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> "‘These next few years will be the worst of my life,’ I thought
> to myself…"
>
> Indeed.
>
> Not a bad post, well done.

Lol. I suppose they will...
Sun 26/09/04 at 17:55
Regular
"That's right!"
"‘These next few years will be the worst of my life,’ I thought to myself…"

Indeed.

Not a bad post, well done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.