GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming trends"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
Have you noticed how gaming has always had a "trend" or a "fashion" attached to it? in the early days, it was "who can creat the cutest charecter"- pikachu, sonic, crash bndicoot...
But nowadays we have games going "street"-

gta sand andreas- full of gangstas saying "yo, wassup, me hommie?!" etc.
The urbz- like the simz, but cross bred with urban culture.
tony hawks underground is the same as well. And need for speed underground.
Has anyone else noticed this happening in recent times?

heres another recent trend:
Games.. realizing there games.

It used to be " create an engrossing experience. amke the player feel like hes really saving the world" etc.
But nowadays...

Postal 2- get arrested, and the charecter says "dont blame me. book the kid with the keyboard!"

duke nukem, Mahnatten project: "Thats why this game is named after me"

Vice city: theres a tshirt saying "I completted vice city and all i got was this lousy t-shirt."
And then, theres games that let you use one of those usb headsets in the games. Like manhunt, socom, etc, etc.
I dont know if any of you have noticed this, but it makes me think: "whats going to be the next trend in games?"

could it be "games that have secret eye toy to games"?
or, maybe "games that dont suck". now, that would be good.....
Sun 26/09/04 at 14:14
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Smurf Kitty wrote:
> it makes me think:
> "whats going to be the next trend in games?"

When everyone in the world owns Burnout 3 and kids globally end up with shockingly bad school grades, due to consistent, 24/7 online play.

*leaves to play Burnout 3 again*
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
Have you noticed how gaming has always had a "trend" or a "fashion" attached to it? in the early days, it was "who can creat the cutest charecter"- pikachu, sonic, crash bndicoot...
But nowadays we have games going "street"-

gta sand andreas- full of gangstas saying "yo, wassup, me hommie?!" etc.
The urbz- like the simz, but cross bred with urban culture.
tony hawks underground is the same as well. And need for speed underground.
Has anyone else noticed this happening in recent times?

heres another recent trend:
Games.. realizing there games.

It used to be " create an engrossing experience. amke the player feel like hes really saving the world" etc.
But nowadays...

Postal 2- get arrested, and the charecter says "dont blame me. book the kid with the keyboard!"

duke nukem, Mahnatten project: "Thats why this game is named after me"

Vice city: theres a tshirt saying "I completted vice city and all i got was this lousy t-shirt."
And then, theres games that let you use one of those usb headsets in the games. Like manhunt, socom, etc, etc.
I dont know if any of you have noticed this, but it makes me think: "whats going to be the next trend in games?"

could it be "games that have secret eye toy to games"?
or, maybe "games that dont suck". now, that would be good.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.