GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mini-ITX"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/09/04 at 23:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Has anyone here got a mini-ITX system running? As I came across them a few days ago as a collegue in production at our work place bought 2 mini-ITX boards(£7 with staff discount) and they had onboard LAN, Sound and graphics as well as a 800mhz CPU. Was wondering if anyone has any tips in building one and are there any good places to get small cases?

Want to build one up pretty cheap for a download PC to keep on all day. Thinking of the £7 board with an old Sony DVD writer, about 80gb HDD as well as 512mb RAM.
Wed 22/09/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Afternoon wrote:
> I am going to play around with a Mini ITX PC, although to be fair they
> are not going to beat a laptop or a desktop pc.
> [URL]http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/[/URL]

Of course not, but for a small download PC or file server its fine.

Think our discount is that Tyla so not quite as good as yours :( Those Mini-ITX that we have I think are out of stock as they were just old supplies which they were selling off.
Wed 22/09/04 at 14:13
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Cant be bothered with switches, I like a boot menu or I use my bootable OS's like GeekOS (really good Linux Build with built in Media Players)
Wed 22/09/04 at 13:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Those mini computers are great, i especially like the one where that guy built one to fit in a windows xp box, and it had a switch which changed the OS that booted depending on how it was orientated.
Wed 22/09/04 at 13:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Tyla wrote:
> I get a better deal here. Cost + vat for anything from Games to
> hardware. Only found out theother day, after ordering my X800, I
> could have picked it up for less than £100 if I had done it
> through work! Slightly gutted!

Now Tyla, ive always been a great admirer of your work...
Wed 22/09/04 at 12:02
Regular
"Freeola Support"
I am going to play around with a Mini ITX PC, although to be fair they are not going to beat a laptop or a desktop pc.
[URL]http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/[/URL]
Wed 22/09/04 at 09:22
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
adrian wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I can't really help you that much, but I'm intrigued as to where he
> managed to get £7 boards. Even with a staff discount.
>
> Work for Evesham Technology. He had 2 of these boards and a HDD(dont
> know the size) for just over £50. Think staff discount is trade
> price, + VAT, + 5%.

I get a better deal here. Cost + vat for anything from Games to hardware. Only found out theother day, after ordering my X800, I could have picked it up for less than £100 if I had done it through work! Slightly gutted!
Tue 21/09/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I can't really help you that much, but I'm intrigued as to where he
> managed to get £7 boards. Even with a staff discount.

Work for Evesham Technology. He had 2 of these boards and a HDD(dont know the size) for just over £50. Think staff discount is trade price, + VAT, + 5%. The boards were VIA and had a 800mhz CPU with heatsink and fan. They are very small boards enough for 1 PCI. The only decent site I have found is [URL]http://www.mini-itx.com[/URL]
Tue 21/09/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
poopots wrote:
> Dont expect wonders with onboard graphics.

I know. My main PC is a XP2800 with 1gb RAM and a 9800 Pro. Really looking for a quiet small PC which can be left on all day and night, consume low amounts of power and be powerfull enough to run Win XP and be used as a download machine.
Tue 21/09/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Has any one seen them pc chips ones?
Tue 21/09/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Dont expect wonders with onboard graphics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.