GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSU recomendations"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/09/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
I seem to be having a major power supply problem recently. I had been running a very old almost vintage 250W psu out of 5 year old server. After a bit of upgrading i felt that this was inadequate so i picked up a 350W as this was the only competitively priced one in the shop and this died after 3 hours so I replaced it with the old one whilst I waited a week to replace it. Finally got the replacement and this done exactly the same after just 2 hours. So now I’m amazed that a 5 year old 250w could beat two 350w ones.
So now I need some recommendations for a new PSU taking in mind my pc set up.

Pc chips m848A VERSION 2.1 (nothing special but does the job)
AMD 3200+ Barton core
768mb generic ram running at 400 MHz 1x256 1x512
9600se (i hate it 9800pro, soon)
20 GB Maxtor hardrive (full to the brink rest of the stuff is lost in endless files on the network)
DVD rom drive
CD writer
And a floppy drive

I am also looking for a PSU with around 7 4pin cables as i am goin for a new case at Christmas i i want to slap some flashy things in it. Links and prices would be appreciated.
Wed 22/09/04 at 18:16
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
£6!!!! thats an outrage.
Wed 22/09/04 at 16:40
"I love yo... lamp."
Yes they do: [URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG4550_525_drive_unit_pow.html[/URL] .
Tue 21/09/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Do you know if SR sell 4 pin splitters as well as they will be perfect when im adding all the lights and fans.
Tue 21/09/04 at 20:50
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Get an Antec. Spend over £40 at any rate.
Tue 21/09/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
I seem to be having a major power supply problem recently. I had been running a very old almost vintage 250W psu out of 5 year old server. After a bit of upgrading i felt that this was inadequate so i picked up a 350W as this was the only competitively priced one in the shop and this died after 3 hours so I replaced it with the old one whilst I waited a week to replace it. Finally got the replacement and this done exactly the same after just 2 hours. So now I’m amazed that a 5 year old 250w could beat two 350w ones.
So now I need some recommendations for a new PSU taking in mind my pc set up.

Pc chips m848A VERSION 2.1 (nothing special but does the job)
AMD 3200+ Barton core
768mb generic ram running at 400 MHz 1x256 1x512
9600se (i hate it 9800pro, soon)
20 GB Maxtor hardrive (full to the brink rest of the stuff is lost in endless files on the network)
DVD rom drive
CD writer
And a floppy drive

I am also looking for a PSU with around 7 4pin cables as i am goin for a new case at Christmas i i want to slap some flashy things in it. Links and prices would be appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.