GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've been fobbed off!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/09/04 at 15:37
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
I do believe I have been given the run around and completely fobbed off! Why I hear you ask? Well its quite simply to do with how in the space age period of time we’re in, we’re being called intelligent life.

Now I can see that I’m intelligent, but to generalise like that, about human civilisation as a whole is just completely wrong. Now I’ve never been one not to back my argument up so here’s my evidence to support the fact that indeed (again, aside from myself) that humans are not intelligent:

I’ll start with the recent reports that every year £55m of tax payers money is wasted shipping all the European MPs to Strasbourg from Brussels as well as a shed load of metal filing cabinets filled with probably pointless paperwork on how straight bananas should be. Now this may just sound a lot of money for what it is, and you may see it as reasonable…but when I tell you that this happens for a period of just 4 days and then its all shipped back to Brussels is a joke, and even more so because it happens EVERY month. Why? To keep the French happy!!

Scientists are on the brink of discovering many cures for all kinds of illnesses that kill millions of people every year, which I fully commend them for and think they do an absolute sterling job doing…but they do fall down in one particular area. They can’t make Paracetamol or Aspirin taste nice!! Now I’m not asking for a lot, but maybe a nice bit of Strawberry or Orange flavour wouldn’t go a miss!!

Continuing on from this, how about smokers. These guys are stupider than the thought of Homer Simpson sticking to a diet…Mmmmm Doughnut…and are possibly the stupidest people living. If you don’t agree, as you’re a smoker, answer me these questions, how much money do you spend of cigarettes each day/week? I’d guess maybe £30 a week, which is about £120 a calendar month. Which means in 5 years you could have bought yourself a brand new car!! Another question for you – do you honestly believe that despite the TV ads where people are advising you not to smoke as they’re on their deathbeds etc due to the adverse effects of smoking that it really “won’t happen to me”. If so then I hope for your existing/future kids, wife, husbands sake that you are the only unknown human to modern science that can live with their throat and lungs covered in tar!!

That brings me on nicely to my next point which is the lovely people who go out and get ‘leathered’. I’m teetotal due to the fact that I think alcohol tastes like drinking a combination of petrol and washing up liquid – with a hint of lemon. But if I did like the taste I still can’t see that I would go out and honestly think its cool to drink 8 pints and several shots. First of all if you’re that damn thirsty, have some water as that won’t kill your liver. Secondly if you are now saying that you go out and get hammered to have a good time, is your life honestly that crap that you have to block it out with alcohol and turn into someone you’re obviously not (if you’re now saying it helps you relax..then Damn…8 blooming pints would help a Buffalo realx). No…well them I’m sorry I’m wrong and I apologise to you if you don’t throw up/have a hang over/get beaten up/spill beer all over your clothes/or think you’re a good dancer when you’re not.

Let me now draw your attention to the Hillbillys that are the freaks that appear on Jerry Springer as they’ve slept with their uncles sister in laws cousin, as she breast feeds him at the age of 45. Lets not also forget the people that appear on the UKs very own Trisha show where you can be guaranteed that no matter who you’ve fallen out with slept with etc or how ugly they are…Trisha herself has had it worse!! I think you’ll agree, anyone that appears on that type of show bearly has the intelligence to dress themselves in the morning. The problems are all totally ridiculous and the people that appear/apply to be on those shows should be shipped off to live in a big cave together.

Another group of people who sadly miss out on being able to fall into the intelligent life category are those who do up their cars with body kits, alloy wheels, tinted windows, lowered suspension etc. You know the people I mean…they’re normally called Gary!! Whilst they may think they’re the coolest people around playing their 1000 watt stereo with their windows down, driving around on just the bass of their subs they’re not. They may have spent £5k on the car and then £30k doing it up and look all proud in the pages of a magazine, but if I go out and spend the same money on a car (hmm that Ferrari Testarossa looks nice…and only £28k you say….I’ll save myself £7k), you can be damn sure who’ll win at the lights!!

Anyway I’m off to the pub now, to see a mate of mine who was on Rikki Lake a few weeks ago, great guy…not many teeth, but great guy **gets into Renault 5 GT Turbo, lights up fag and drives off**

**Shake that a$$ Show me what ya got**

Gary
Wed 22/09/04 at 08:10
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
I think you pick up on the points I made nicely there Fozz, I take my hat off to you!
Tue 21/09/04 at 17:12
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
I have to say that I agree with a lot of your points, although some I dont. Although I do find that a lot of people and activites supported by governments dont fall into the category of intellegent life (i.e fossil feuls, and smokers)but I dont think you understand how difficult it is for some people to give up habbits and to actually do some of the things youre talking about.

The legal requirements set out in the EU and UK ensure that everything is done by the book, and if the MP were NOT shipped it would be in breach and there would be an even bigger outcry. The problem therefore must be in management and, I expect, simply a case of diplomacy. Therefore Iwould like to suggest that rather than governments being the problem, diplomacy is. It would be so much easier if everyone was the same race.

As for your flavoured Aspirin, well, I agree that it would be a little more convenient for westerners, but if you weigh researching a new and better antibiotic against making asprin orange flavour you can see it probably isnt the researchers highest priority. Someone who might be interested would be the money hungry pharmaceutical companies who will do pretty much anything to press their product. mm...rat flavour.

I certainly agree that smokers lack basic competence and they are directly harming themselves. However I dont think you realis ehow difficult it is for addicts to give up smoking. The government tries to help smokers quit through helplines and advertising campaigns and a large number of smokers actually try to quit and ease themselves off through patches however the addiction often proves too strong. In Ireland the smoking ban has reduced ciggarette sales by 7% however Its doubtful it made anyone actually quit smoking. Most smokers realise the implications of what theyre doing but dont have the strength to actually quit. I believe the fault is of the ciggarette companies. Removing the addictive element of the ciggarette would stop people getting addicted and would probably stop people smoking altogether, however as people wouldnt get the nico buzz from them anymore youd have millions of smokers going cold turkey simultaneously. Just make sure you have patches handy. I think the government should ban ciggarette imports until new standards gradually reducing nicotine levels are met, with perhaps a few (as funny as it sounds) perscription levels available. Can you imagine a docter prescribing you a ciggarette?

I completely agree with you about alcoholics. I really dont know why people drink. Its fine to drink a little, but to purposely get drunk, or drink to make yourself feel better/be more attractive to the opposite sex (lol) is completely ridiculous. My sister often gets drunk and gets involved in bar activities such as passing an ice cube round the room......via your mouth. She knows various drinking games which she happily recites to me. I think I only ever took a sip of wine when I was really young. I dont plan on ever getting drunk, or drinking to any large degree. As such I cant say the taste is disgusting, or it doesnt feel great to get drunk. All I can say is that you make a complete fool of yourself. Im 17 years old. Most people my age (and younger) get drunk on a regular basis. Personally Im glad I dont.

As for jerry springer and alike I was under the impression that they were all actors and its the lowest form of entertainment (apart from rotten.com..DONT GO THERE..ITS SICK) along with judge judy.

There is nothing more disgusting than a drunk teenager racing past in a souped up car playing rap and/or dance music at high volume (as if we want to hear) as though it makes him cool. I really want to slash those people tires. Reckless driving is spawned from souped up cars. Why else do you soup up a car than to go faster? Modifying cars like that really should be made illegal.

Anyway I think you have a lot of interesting points and I agree with most of them.
Tue 21/09/04 at 15:37
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
I do believe I have been given the run around and completely fobbed off! Why I hear you ask? Well its quite simply to do with how in the space age period of time we’re in, we’re being called intelligent life.

Now I can see that I’m intelligent, but to generalise like that, about human civilisation as a whole is just completely wrong. Now I’ve never been one not to back my argument up so here’s my evidence to support the fact that indeed (again, aside from myself) that humans are not intelligent:

I’ll start with the recent reports that every year £55m of tax payers money is wasted shipping all the European MPs to Strasbourg from Brussels as well as a shed load of metal filing cabinets filled with probably pointless paperwork on how straight bananas should be. Now this may just sound a lot of money for what it is, and you may see it as reasonable…but when I tell you that this happens for a period of just 4 days and then its all shipped back to Brussels is a joke, and even more so because it happens EVERY month. Why? To keep the French happy!!

Scientists are on the brink of discovering many cures for all kinds of illnesses that kill millions of people every year, which I fully commend them for and think they do an absolute sterling job doing…but they do fall down in one particular area. They can’t make Paracetamol or Aspirin taste nice!! Now I’m not asking for a lot, but maybe a nice bit of Strawberry or Orange flavour wouldn’t go a miss!!

Continuing on from this, how about smokers. These guys are stupider than the thought of Homer Simpson sticking to a diet…Mmmmm Doughnut…and are possibly the stupidest people living. If you don’t agree, as you’re a smoker, answer me these questions, how much money do you spend of cigarettes each day/week? I’d guess maybe £30 a week, which is about £120 a calendar month. Which means in 5 years you could have bought yourself a brand new car!! Another question for you – do you honestly believe that despite the TV ads where people are advising you not to smoke as they’re on their deathbeds etc due to the adverse effects of smoking that it really “won’t happen to me”. If so then I hope for your existing/future kids, wife, husbands sake that you are the only unknown human to modern science that can live with their throat and lungs covered in tar!!

That brings me on nicely to my next point which is the lovely people who go out and get ‘leathered’. I’m teetotal due to the fact that I think alcohol tastes like drinking a combination of petrol and washing up liquid – with a hint of lemon. But if I did like the taste I still can’t see that I would go out and honestly think its cool to drink 8 pints and several shots. First of all if you’re that damn thirsty, have some water as that won’t kill your liver. Secondly if you are now saying that you go out and get hammered to have a good time, is your life honestly that crap that you have to block it out with alcohol and turn into someone you’re obviously not (if you’re now saying it helps you relax..then Damn…8 blooming pints would help a Buffalo realx). No…well them I’m sorry I’m wrong and I apologise to you if you don’t throw up/have a hang over/get beaten up/spill beer all over your clothes/or think you’re a good dancer when you’re not.

Let me now draw your attention to the Hillbillys that are the freaks that appear on Jerry Springer as they’ve slept with their uncles sister in laws cousin, as she breast feeds him at the age of 45. Lets not also forget the people that appear on the UKs very own Trisha show where you can be guaranteed that no matter who you’ve fallen out with slept with etc or how ugly they are…Trisha herself has had it worse!! I think you’ll agree, anyone that appears on that type of show bearly has the intelligence to dress themselves in the morning. The problems are all totally ridiculous and the people that appear/apply to be on those shows should be shipped off to live in a big cave together.

Another group of people who sadly miss out on being able to fall into the intelligent life category are those who do up their cars with body kits, alloy wheels, tinted windows, lowered suspension etc. You know the people I mean…they’re normally called Gary!! Whilst they may think they’re the coolest people around playing their 1000 watt stereo with their windows down, driving around on just the bass of their subs they’re not. They may have spent £5k on the car and then £30k doing it up and look all proud in the pages of a magazine, but if I go out and spend the same money on a car (hmm that Ferrari Testarossa looks nice…and only £28k you say….I’ll save myself £7k), you can be damn sure who’ll win at the lights!!

Anyway I’m off to the pub now, to see a mate of mine who was on Rikki Lake a few weeks ago, great guy…not many teeth, but great guy **gets into Renault 5 GT Turbo, lights up fag and drives off**

**Shake that a$$ Show me what ya got**

Gary

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.