GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody hell - slinky new PS2!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/09/04 at 13:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/549/549938/sony-announces-new-ps2-20040921012629965.jpg[/URL]

Cool!
Tue 21/09/04 at 13:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/549/549938/sony-announces-new-ps2-20040921012629965.jpg[/URL]

Cool!
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Screw that, when is the PS3 coming out?
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
But...old technology in a new case that I already own in an old, uncool form!!!10
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:06
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Crikey. That's certainly a very slim machine.
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:13
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Cool looking, I wonder why they changed the design, sony change their designs quite often, it must cost a lot of money.
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:36
"I love yo... lamp."
Well other than GTA: San Andreas, the PS2 is lacking any killer software anymore. Its sales are waning. Gran Turismo 4 took too long, and just got delayed a bit further. People are losing interest. Sure, PS2 games are still top of the charts, but mainly because there are so many PS2s around.

This is to try and breathe new life back into the PS2 in the hope that more gullible people buy it before the PS3. Pretty much the same reasons then that they released the PSOne. Probably also cheaper to manufacture.

What would be a good idea is if Microsoft did the same with the Xbox. Use a laptop hard drive, or even a miniture hard drive, shrink the motherboard and use a slim line DVD drive. A big passive heat sink would allow the removal of the fan as well. Lets face it, one of the biggest criticisms of the Xbox is that it is big and ugly. It's like the Wayne Rooney of consoles.
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Its sales are waning.

Well they would, most people have got one now. Me thinks you hit the nail on the head with what you said about trying to get people who are gullible enough to buy another PS2
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:40
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:

> This is to try and breathe new life back into the PS2 in the hope
> that more gullible people buy it before the PS3. Pretty much the same
> reasons then that they released the PSOne. Probably also cheaper to
> manufacture.

Yeah, basically that it why they release it. Cheaper to make and to also try attract a few more to purchase a PS2. Might also find some PS2 owners buying one of these to replace their PS2.

> What would be a good idea is if Microsoft did the same with the Xbox.
> Use a laptop hard drive, or even a miniture hard drive, shrink the
> motherboard and use a slim line DVD drive. A big passive heat sink
> would allow the removal of the fan as well. Lets face it, one of the
> biggest criticisms of the Xbox is that it is big and ugly.

Thats something I would like to see too. As long as the price was right. :-P
Tue 21/09/04 at 17:29
Regular
Ha, it still looks rubbish, it's just thinner.
Tue 21/09/04 at 17:32
Regular
"8==="
Townie chavs:

Now if you get annoyed you don't just have the option of snapping the game in half - you can now snap your console in half too!

Geniearse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.