GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saved Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/05/01 at 17:27
Regular
"They" are talking about a section on here to download saved games.

Presumably we would invite people to send their saved games to us and then post them for download.

What sort of problems can we expect? Anybody into this elsewhere?
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:27
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
"They" are talking about a section on here to download saved games.

Presumably we would invite people to send their saved games to us and then post them for download.

What sort of problems can we expect? Anybody into this elsewhere?
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:30
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
are you talking about the Dex Drive saving hardware? + do you get entered into gameaday.co.uk for this post?
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
A week later than he said, Tony finally leaves for the time being because he is too busy.
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:31
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
thats a great idea! But only good for PC gamers i think.
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:31
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
It's not poodles!
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:32
Regular
I don't like the idea about being able to send in or download saved game files.

Especially when you can easily download software to make viruses which look like other files (Trojans)

Also, why should anyone else benefit from your hard work in a game?

It would be better if there was a section for people to send in their customised levels, for games like Red Alert, Duke 3D, etc.
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:33
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
fogmaster wrote:
> are you talking about the Dex Drive saving hardware? + do you get entered into gameaday.co.uk for this post?

I don't know what that is. I'm talking about normal PC games positions. Saved into a databank for people to "cheat" with.
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:35
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
It sounds great for lazy people!
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:36
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Some sort of files database would be nice - skins/levels made by users, and saved games as you said. Dex Drive is just something to let you transfer console game saves on to a pc and send them to people.
Sat 05/05/01 at 17:37
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Like on Gameshark.com they have good game saves too!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.