GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/09/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Cosmic..."
I know its not right for a Newbie to start a thread, but im going Regular in 30 odd posts. So i got Sims 2 through the post on the 17th as a GAD and i unwrapped it and ran upstairs giggling like a schoolgirl . I turned it over and read the back of the box and to my shock there were the minimum requierments (dircectly from the manual);

With T&L capable video card with at least 32MB of video RAM;
. Microsoft Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
. 800 MHz Intel Pentium III processor or equivelant
. 264MB RAM (384MB RAM is reccomended for Windows 2000/XP
. 8x CD ROM/DVD drive
. At least 3.5GB of hard drive space

Without T&L capable video card with at least 32MB of video RAM;
. 2.0 GHz processor
. 8x CD ROM/DVD drive

So to cut a long story short I need a new processor, videocard and a hard drive. Any suggestions?

Ta Él
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:26
Regular
What are your current system specs?
Mon 20/09/04 at 21:18
Regular
You'd get a better response in the PC Forums
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Cosmic..."
I know its not right for a Newbie to start a thread, but im going Regular in 30 odd posts. So i got Sims 2 through the post on the 17th as a GAD and i unwrapped it and ran upstairs giggling like a schoolgirl . I turned it over and read the back of the box and to my shock there were the minimum requierments (dircectly from the manual);

With T&L capable video card with at least 32MB of video RAM;
. 800 MHz Intel Pentium III processor or equivelant
. 8x CD ROM/DVD drive

Without T&L capable video card with at least 32MB of video RAM;
. 2.0 GHz processor
. 8x CD ROM/DVD drive

So to cut a long story short I need a new processor, videocard and a hard drive. Any suggestions?

Ta Él

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.