GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This months OXM disc opinions....."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/09/04 at 18:36
Regular
Got it this afternoon because I was bored and needed something to read...forgot how crap the magazine really was. anyway the disc...

Juiced - Sucks so much ass, Burnout 3 pi$$es on it from great heights. Quite nice graphics but the handling's terrible and it all just feels really pedestrian. 2/10

Blinx 2 - Suprisingly enjoyable, wouldn't pay full price for it but it'd be a nice buy when it goes budget me thinks. Excellent graphics, pretty decent level design and the slow motion time thingy's very cool when you hoover all the bullets out of the air. One crap thing though are the characters, the enemies are okay but the team of cats that follow you around are crap. 6/10

Colin Mcrae 2005 - BORING with a capital BOR! It's exactly the same as all the other games, just with supposed online play which I can't see working because not even Rallisport 2 could pull that off and that was infinetly better. 1/10

Second Sight - I liked, though I could see that it would get a bit dull after a while once the excitement off throwing people through windows and smashing their skulls against walls wears off. Still, definetly one I'll most likely pick up once it comes down in price as there's no way in hell I'd pay full price for a game that's supposedly very short. 7/10

Music Maker - What's the point in this? why would I want to remix some really crap music with the limited selection of shoddy beats available and then do nothing with it. Complete waste of space, about as enjoyable as having your nuts trampled on by the Russian womens volleyball team. -9/10

Overall then a totally rubbish disc that really wasn't helped by the fact that the magazine sucked so badly. Next weeks disc looks a lot better though so I'll most likely purchase it and throw the magazine away.
Sun 26/09/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Braaains"
It has plenty of atmosphere. Just watching the AT-ATs approach you on Hoth is fantastic.
Tue 21/09/04 at 18:14
Regular
"Touched!"
Mav wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> Battlefront's an online game. The single player was expected to be
> crap!
>
> Well, while that may explain a lot, there's little excuse for clunky
> controls and poor atmosphere.

Well I don't think many online games like BF have any sort of atmosphere until you go on live, just try playing counterstrike with bots and you'll see.
Tue 21/09/04 at 18:05
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Battlefront's an online game. The single player was expected to be crap!

Well, while that may explain a lot, there's little excuse for clunky controls and poor atmosphere.
Tue 21/09/04 at 15:56
Regular
I thought Juiced was quite good.

Use the "Bumper Cam" for better sense of speed. Shame the demo is so small, as the game looks huge.

May well rent it for a better look before purchase...
Tue 21/09/04 at 10:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
KUF got a good score in GamesTM. Mav, Battlefront's an online game. The single player was expected to be crap!
Tue 21/09/04 at 01:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whats that then ? Nintendo's next big way of milking the Donkey Kong cow ? ;-)

Seriously though, I was interested in that Kingdom Under Fire, it looked like it was going to be some more advanced Dynasty Warriors game at one point. Now it looks like its going to be a style of game similar to Total War. Looks interesting still though from the footage, so it'll be good to try out on the demo to see if its worth getting.

Was thinking of getting the latest mag to try out Blinx 2, but then I thought of the first game and decided against spending £6 for a demo with 1 game I wanted to try out. Colin Mcrae is just boring. :-|
If only the stupid mag had Battlefront on the demo to tide me over till Friday. One of my Live mates in Florida has been playing it all night - sod ! ;-)
Tue 21/09/04 at 00:36
Regular
I'm personally waiting for StarBattleCong: 1942
Mon 20/09/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Selected"
I also might get the next issue to see if Kingdom Under Fire is a big heap of crap....or not.
Mon 20/09/04 at 19:58
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You said that about Pikmin though so your opinion counts for
> absoloutly nothing.

Good lord, I didn't think I'd offend you so much - I said I'd give it another chance, didn't I?

I'll have you know my opinion is quite respectable. Trust me, Battlefront ain't very good.
Mon 20/09/04 at 19:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Def Jam would have ruled online

Yes and no. Yes cause it would be a fun game to play. And no because of those poxy EA servers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.