GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Calling all Audio-Tech students!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 13:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hello, monkey_man here. As some of you may or may not know, I'm currently at Uni about to start my final year of a degree in Audio & Music Technology. Being the model pupil that I am, I've decided to start my major project early, get a bit of a head-start, y'know. Basically, I'm making a website where students, or anyone really, can write audio-related articles, tutorials, add events, conventions, gear reviews, stuff like that. It has the potential to be quite good, but I thought I'd do some research and see if anyone else here studies/has studied the subject and found a lack of online resources, and what they would need from such a website?

I'm gonna post this in other forums, but I'd prefer it if you replied here.

All my love, monkey_man, hugs and kisses xxx
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hello, monkey_man here. As some of you may or may not know, I'm currently at Uni about to start my final year of a degree in Audio & Music Technology. Being the model pupil that I am, I've decided to start my major project early, get a bit of a head-start, y'know. Basically, I'm making a website where students, or anyone really, can write audio-related articles, tutorials, add events, conventions, gear reviews, stuff like that. It has the potential to be quite good, but I thought I'd do some research and see if anyone else here studies/has studied the subject and found a lack of online resources, and what they would need from such a website?

I'm gonna post this in other forums, but I'd prefer it if you replied here.

All my love, monkey_man, hugs and kisses xxx
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:50
Regular
Sounds quite good, not acutally done an audio-tech course myself but done a lot about it in my own time and know quite a few people that did it at uni. Good luck to you mate and let us know how you get on! Post the link when you're done, would be good to see the finished product! :-)
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Cheers. I've had the domain for a while, and I intended to do this when I first started: [URL]http://www.audiosuite.co.uk[/URL] - ignore the design, complete crap, but may use something similar. Funny thing is, it won't take long to make at all, but I've got to make it seem like I put loads of effort in!
Sun 19/09/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Selected"
It's a nice idea but it'd take alot of work. I'm sure you know that there's a constant stream of new software/hardware being released - keeping it up to date alone would be insane never mind writing the reviews or tutorials!

It is a great idea for an end of year project though considering you'd only need it to look updated for when you give it in. I could even write an MPC2000xl review for you.....!

And if you don't know about them, Sonicstate ([URL]http://www.sonicstate.com/[/URL]) and Future Producers ([URL]http://www.futureproducers.com/[/URL]) are two great sites you could gain an insight into this sort of stuff from. I use them.
Tue 21/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
*POP*
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:48
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Ive just started a BTEC in Music Tech at Confetti Studios in Nottingham, so i might be able to contribute etc.

Check out Confetti's Facilities [URL]http://www.confettistudios.co.uk/facilities.html[/URL]. Its an excellent place to study.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.