GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!!!...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/01/05 at 23:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
…little late I know, but ive been away for most of the holiday period.

So this year was the first year I didn’t receive any games at all in my Xmas stocking, and it seemed a little strange. I had nothing to play on my PS2 after the usual dinner festivities and had to sit through the Queens speech because of it!

The main reason for not getting any games was mainly that there weren’t any new releases that really interested me. Having got GTA: SA and PES4 on release they had kept me busy during the later end of the year, but after that, for me, there was a distinct lack of anything I thought worth playing.

While I didn’t get any games, my Brother got an Eye Toy, and while at first being unsure when i saw it...it’s superb. I’ve never had as much fun punching thin air, and generally flapping my arms and kicking space as if I was having muscle spasms and watching myself on the TV doing it. Some of the games are Genius. He got the Sega pack and the Play 2 pack. Personal favourite of mine being the Crazy Taxi game where you have to wave your arms around while shouting obscenities (Ok you don’t have to…but the neighbours will love it) to flag down a taxi. Taking part in a punch up on virtual Fighter is great fun too, if not very good for your health with my uncle maintaining the game inflamed his groin strain…(if you saw my aunt you’d think differently)

As for 2005, I am seriously lacking any knowledge of upcoming games and must admit i have never felt so out of the picture regarding PS2. Im keeping an eye out for the PSP and of course waiting for the new MGS, but what else is there to look forward to?

In all, I feel my PS2 is on its last legs. Only PES4 keeps me interested now, and I feel im about ready for the new instalments to the Playstation family.

Until then…TAXI!!!!
Wed 26/01/05 at 19:56
Regular
P*ss off mate.

Cheers.
Wed 26/01/05 at 19:51
Regular
"youngest regular"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Why hello stranger.
>
> I long ago disregarded my PS2 for my GC.
> 'Tis dead to me, bar Ace Combat.
u ur the first one i have met so far who was here about a year ago.
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
He said he didn't like GT3 otherwise that'd have been the one i'd have suggested
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:51
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Erm... let me think.. er Gran Turismo 4 for gods sake.
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well unless you like RPG's (can't remember if you do or not) i won't be able to help you :-D
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:40
"period drama"
Why hello stranger.

I long ago disregarded my PS2 for my GC.
'Tis dead to me, bar Ace Combat.
Sun 16/01/05 at 23:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
…little late I know, but ive been away for most of the holiday period.

So this year was the first year I didn’t receive any games at all in my Xmas stocking, and it seemed a little strange. I had nothing to play on my PS2 after the usual dinner festivities and had to sit through the Queens speech because of it!

The main reason for not getting any games was mainly that there weren’t any new releases that really interested me. Having got GTA: SA and PES4 on release they had kept me busy during the later end of the year, but after that, for me, there was a distinct lack of anything I thought worth playing.

While I didn’t get any games, my Brother got an Eye Toy, and while at first being unsure when i saw it...it’s superb. I’ve never had as much fun punching thin air, and generally flapping my arms and kicking space as if I was having muscle spasms and watching myself on the TV doing it. Some of the games are Genius. He got the Sega pack and the Play 2 pack. Personal favourite of mine being the Crazy Taxi game where you have to wave your arms around while shouting obscenities (Ok you don’t have to…but the neighbours will love it) to flag down a taxi. Taking part in a punch up on virtual Fighter is great fun too, if not very good for your health with my uncle maintaining the game inflamed his groin strain…(if you saw my aunt you’d think differently)

As for 2005, I am seriously lacking any knowledge of upcoming games and must admit i have never felt so out of the picture regarding PS2. Im keeping an eye out for the PSP and of course waiting for the new MGS, but what else is there to look forward to?

In all, I feel my PS2 is on its last legs. Only PES4 keeps me interested now, and I feel im about ready for the new instalments to the Playstation family.

Until then…TAXI!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.