GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The films of Peter Jackson"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 08:54
Regular
No, not Lord of The Rings, I'm talking about the early films of Peter Jackson.

Having recently bought and viewed cult classics "Bad Taste" and "Braindead" on DVD, I'd like to check out some of PJ's other movies (not the Frighteners- seen that one). Apart from the films I mentioned, and "Meet The Feebles" (which is, apparently, pretty appalling), I don't know of any other Peter Jackson movies. Anybody know of anything else he's made since then, or films that are similar to his early projects that I may also like?

Also, has anyone actually seen "Meet the Feebles"? If so, any good?

Cheers people.
Mon 20/09/04 at 14:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
darkcrystal wrote:
> Heavenly Creatures is a great film. Better than LOTR anyday.

Pffff.
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
monkey_man wrote:
> Has it got any of those bits from the old blackey and whiteys when a
> lizard in a ruff fights a cat in a pit? You could super-impose
> people over the top and it looks real and stuff.

Not yet. Though what you describes sounds very exciting. Though the scene where King Kong is helping the Argonaughts kill the skellingtons (sic) is proving very hard to do. The end scene is nailed though. Instead of the Karate Kid leaping into the air and landing on Myagi, I've superimposed Kong. It works well as you can imagine.

Very emotional.

In fact, I'm probably going to do a Lucas and release my version as it is. Then every ten years I'm going to add more footage and insert new scenes.
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Has it got any of those bits from the old blackey and whiteys when a lizard in a ruff fights a cat in a pit? You could super-impose people over the top and it looks real and stuff.
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:36
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I've got a copy of his forthcoming film King Kong on DVD if anyone is interested. Obviously they've not started filming yet but by combining unused clips from Gorillas in the Mist and by re-reversing some footage of large chimney stacks and buildings being magically restored after their demolition, I've got a film which is probably just as good.
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Oh, I'd say Meet the Feebles is worth owning! It's perhaps one of the most insanely entertaining films I've ever watched. And it's worth having if you want to shock people into leaving your house...
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:19
Regular
"8==="
Feebles was made while Jackson was having trouble with the censors over getting Braindead sorted.
Mon 20/09/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Meet The Feebles is crazy, but funny: worth a watch, but not worth buying.

Heavenly Creatures is good too.
Sun 19/09/04 at 23:59
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Heavenly Creatures is a great film. Better than LOTR anyday.
Sun 19/09/04 at 14:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Kings of the Magic Rings!
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:29
Regular
Thank ye very much

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.