GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life, love and pubes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/09/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
Firstly let me appologise for the subject, I couldn't resist.

Now, I got the idea to write this from *highly excitable* who wrote a fantastic piece about his experiences as a teenager. I'd like to thank *highly excitable* for giving me this idea. His story tells one of the trials and pressures sorrounding teenagers. Id just like to share my experiences as a teen with you all, from my background growing up in Ireland to my recent 'rebirth'.

I'll start at the beginning. I was born in 1987 (Im 17..dont try and work it out) in Kent. My parents moved to the most rural part of Ireland you can find, Sligo, in a hippie-esque attempt at self suffiency. This all ended shortly and my father went back to work as a computer consltant soon to move about 30 mins away, closer to the office. My parents were divorced a few years later and my older sister and I were left with my mother, who was struggling to mantain the farm and teach in a nearby school. In the next few years my sister and I often traveled to different parts of europe visiting my father, sweden, holland, germany and czechslovakia and we visited austria, france, spain, belgium, denmark, switzerland, norway, new zealand, australia. During this time he went from girlfriend to girlfriend. For the last few years hes had the same fianse who seems fine with the fact he impregnated a south african woman and that my sister and I have a half brother. At one stage he was sleeping with his german cousin. In the midst of travelling all over europe I dont think I had one good enjoyable holiday. I wont bore you with details, but during this time I developed my way of dealing with it which was just shrugging it off, its his life, I dont care. To this day Im not mad at him for walking out on us.

Anyway, in my early years as a primary school student and then as a secondary school student I was fairly depressed. We didnt have a tv for quite a while and I was, admittedly, different. I got bullied quite a lot, but the nearest I got to commiting suicide was considering it and thinking about it. One time, the last day of school the girl I liked said she loved me, and instead of rejecting her or returning the gesture I just did nothing. It probably broke her heart. Then about 6 months later I got up the courage to tell her and of course she'd moved on. I didnt take that too well.

Then towards my later years in secondary educations I started feeling better. I think it was around the time my father stopped visiting. I just started feeling good about myself. I was doing 7 honours subjects for my leaving certificate, I had offers to good universities in the UK. I was doing fine. The summer before my final year I just happened to be in a chat room when I met an American girl, a year younger than me. We started talking and we hit it off. We talked for up to 13 hours a day. 13 hours is our current record. There are only about 7 days so far where we havent gotten to talk at least for a tiny bit. We exchanged views, and told jokes. We were perfectly suited, we have the same CRAZY sense of humour, we like a lot of the same stuff (I dont know another girl that likes the film "Dumb and Dumber") but at the same time we like a lot of seperate stuff, and are willing to try new things. Maybe the main reason is that she plays computer games (to a certain extent), a passion of mine.

One of the things we talked about was religeon. Up to this point I had tried praying and worshiping (my mother is a catholic) and it just seemd incredibly fake. Irish catholics are incredibly old fashioned. The impression I get from my local church is that its not about God at all. Its about how you're viewed by the community. The pews have ears, and people gossip like there is no tomorrow. So we talked about religeon, and over time I gradually started to believe that there is a God. Before I met her I really didnt know what to think. I thought logically about it and it seemed that the idea of there being a God is just something that Generals and Emperors told their troops so they would be brave in battle. Different religeons seemed like the same idea applied to different cultures. I had no proof that anything that was in the Bibile was true. Then I met her and it wasnt till I could feel God working in my life that I really started to believe. I looked back on my life so far and the more I did the more and more it seemed like God had guided me. I became distant from my father and that cured my depression, I was speechless that day when the girl I liked said she loved me. If I had said something who knows where Id be today. I certainly wouldnt have been able to share my first kiss this summer with someone who is really special to me. I spent this summer in America with my girlfriend. It was truly amazing. Seeing her in person for the first time was incredible. I was there for 2 months and now Im back in Ireland about to go to university in england.

Having a long distance relationship, although made easier by the internet, is very difficult. You have to be entirely devoted to someone to pull it off. But the perks are truly great. Because there is no room for a physical relationship all you can do is talk (and stare) and this means that we communicate incredibly well. Its given our relationship a solid foundation and we built on that this summer. We build on it every day. I do believe in true love and that everyone out there has someone perfectly suited for them. When I look at her I know I've found 'the one'.

Im sorry if I sound like a preacher in this, or if it sounds cheesy but its all the truth. I dont think theres anyone more skeptical of people who testify Gods part in their lives than me. I cant tell you what faith is, you have to see it for yourself. TAKE THE BLUE PILL!!!...jk. Im not trying to convert you, just telling you my story.

Id like to thank you for listening, and also *highly excitable* for giving me the idea. Your post really moved me. I just thought I'd like to share a different story about being a teenager. It IS hard, people treat you as a child. You get adult responsibilities bit childrens rights (which come in handy in some cases..heh heh). I guess I was just lucky.

The only way teens can truly be free is in discussion forums like this, and of course, through HACKING!!! or not.

Ok. I need to finish this with a bang. Um. When I was about 5 my sister made me chase a baby chicken and I accidentally stood on it....and... its guts came out its ass. I just thought youd like to know. (cough)

*note* No animals were harmed during the making of this post.

I, or my associates, do not condone or support hacking in its legal or illegal form.
Sat 18/09/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Wow, I gave someone an idea.
Sat 18/09/04 at 14:45
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
lol lawrence. sad but true.
Sat 18/09/04 at 13:19
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I hope to God that that wasn't an attempt to be even remotely humourous.
Sat 18/09/04 at 13:18
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Paradox: wrote:
> Thats 100% more lame.
>
> "Distance makes the heart grow fonder" apparently, you
> appreciate a person more when you can only see them now and again
> rather than day in, day out - probably why so many marriaged end in
> divorce?

1 in 5 marriages end in divorce,they're the lucky ones..the rest end in death
Fri 17/09/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
I have to try blackmailing someone by getting myself pregnant. Maybe if I raised an evil cat army of the night..hmm.. I feel a song coming a long...
Fri 17/09/04 at 20:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Leave out the God stuff for the radio edit.
Fri 17/09/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I was going to make a joke but it was really immature so I won't.
Fri 17/09/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
> Thats 100% more lame.
>
> divorce?

Might it have been a case of everything being ok in small doses? She was a nutter, plain and simple. I'm not going to go into her past, as it's got nothing to do with you in the slightest, but the only way it lasted that long were my efforts to flog a dead horse of a relationship as she was in her final year. I hoped things might have got better when she had finished.

When she came back I was subjected to, in those four months an incredible amount of emotional blackmail. I heard afterwards that she had stopped taking the pill in an attempt to get herself pregnant. Without my knowledge of course. :)
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Goatboy wrote:
> So being a teen sucks, god's great and women are warm.
>
> Man, it's like reading the liner notes from a Limp Bizkit album.

Get used to it mate; soon you'll be the teacher whom all the tortured, angsty young lads want to confide in and share their inner pain with.

I trust you'll then relay the best and funniest tales to us here.
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Wanking Mong"

> Thats 100% more lame.
>
> divorce?

Having lived with both Pandaemonium and the psycho lady in question, I feel I must leap to his defence here; I'm guessing the distance between the two, plus the standard "love is blind" clause of relationship, made it difficult to discern just what a shitbonef**king NUTTER this woman was/is.

But he found out. Oh yes. He found out alright...

[edit] Of course, having spent 13 years with a bulimic who was also diagnosed with 2 seperate psychotic personality disorders, I'm hardly in a position to throw stones myself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.