GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Human animal instincts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/11/06 at 22:48
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Well tonight my mum was watching I'm a Celebrity Whom No-one's Ever Heard Of - Get Me In There, and today they were arguing about who should cook a kangaroo to be made into some soup. Why the yargued about something so stupidly ridiculous I don't know, but this isn't really what this topic is about.

Closer to the topic, but still not on-topic, I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but two celebs went out hunting and caught a crayfish, which they set free because they didn't have the heart to kill it for food, even though they were starving and complaining about it.

So, here's what this topic is about:
I suppose it basically asks what you're like as a person, or more like how far you would take yourself in certain situations. Suppose you're on I'm a Celebrity and you're really hungry. Would you go out in search of food or just sit around starving until the rations arrive? Or would you go out looking for food, then not have the heart to eat it or even kill it?

Basically, how much are you driven by your most natural instincts.

Here are a few examples of areas of discussion for this topic, though it shouldn't be limited to them. Let's have a goo fun discussion!

- You're on a desert island with your best mate, who dies from starvation and rescue is nowhere in sight. You know that rescue is coming, but you haven't eaten for several days. Would you eat the body of your mate to stay alive?
- You're walking (or driving if you can) along a road when you see a dead pigeon in the road. How would you feel about eating it?
- Recently on Anglia Tonight (ITV news in the east) there was a story about loads of fish that had died because of rising salt levels in the Norfolk Broads, and they were wandering how the dead fish are to be gotten rid of. If offered the chance, would you step forward and eat the fish?
- You're walking around on an empty street in an urban area when a man jumps you with a knife. What do you do?
- Same as above, but he jumps another person and you see it happen.
- Same the one above the above again, but this time you realise you have a (pen)knife in your pocket. Would you use it on him?
- You're in your car and all is as you would normally have it (some people like to lock their doors whilst they're driving along just in case). You stop at a pelican crossing when a huge group of chavs come at you and swarm round the car, trying to get in. Some are in front of the car on the bonnet and some are behind too. What do you do?

Okay, that'll do for now. I have a cold and it's making me very tired, so I think I'll expire for the night.
Sun 19/11/06 at 22:48
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Well tonight my mum was watching I'm a Celebrity Whom No-one's Ever Heard Of - Get Me In There, and today they were arguing about who should cook a kangaroo to be made into some soup. Why the yargued about something so stupidly ridiculous I don't know, but this isn't really what this topic is about.

Closer to the topic, but still not on-topic, I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but two celebs went out hunting and caught a crayfish, which they set free because they didn't have the heart to kill it for food, even though they were starving and complaining about it.

So, here's what this topic is about:
I suppose it basically asks what you're like as a person, or more like how far you would take yourself in certain situations. Suppose you're on I'm a Celebrity and you're really hungry. Would you go out in search of food or just sit around starving until the rations arrive? Or would you go out looking for food, then not have the heart to eat it or even kill it?

Basically, how much are you driven by your most natural instincts.

Here are a few examples of areas of discussion for this topic, though it shouldn't be limited to them. Let's have a goo fun discussion!

- You're on a desert island with your best mate, who dies from starvation and rescue is nowhere in sight. You know that rescue is coming, but you haven't eaten for several days. Would you eat the body of your mate to stay alive?
- You're walking (or driving if you can) along a road when you see a dead pigeon in the road. How would you feel about eating it?
- Recently on Anglia Tonight (ITV news in the east) there was a story about loads of fish that had died because of rising salt levels in the Norfolk Broads, and they were wandering how the dead fish are to be gotten rid of. If offered the chance, would you step forward and eat the fish?
- You're walking around on an empty street in an urban area when a man jumps you with a knife. What do you do?
- Same as above, but he jumps another person and you see it happen.
- Same the one above the above again, but this time you realise you have a (pen)knife in your pocket. Would you use it on him?
- You're in your car and all is as you would normally have it (some people like to lock their doors whilst they're driving along just in case). You stop at a pelican crossing when a huge group of chavs come at you and swarm round the car, trying to get in. Some are in front of the car on the bonnet and some are behind too. What do you do?

Okay, that'll do for now. I have a cold and it's making me very tired, so I think I'll expire for the night.
Mon 20/11/06 at 11:20
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I don't eat meat; I've nothing against people eating meat, it's just I choose not to. I would only kill-to-eat if I found myself in an extreme situation of survival/possible starvation. I certainly wouldn't eat my dead best mate! That would be an abomination. I don't think I believe in surviving at all costs. I imagine a noble death is the best option in certain hopeless situations.
Mon 20/11/06 at 13:58
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Twain wrote:

> Suppose you're on I'm a Celebrity and you're really hungry. Would
> you go out in search of food or just sit around starving until
> the rations arrive? Or would you go out looking for food, then
> not have the heart to eat it or even kill it?

If I was really starving to the point where I was in pain I would go and look for something, whether I'd be successful or not I don't know!

> - You're on a desert island with your best mate, who dies from
> starvation and rescue is nowhere in sight. You know that rescue
> is coming, but you haven't eaten for several days. Would you eat
> the body of your mate to stay alive?

Definately not even if I had a go I think I'd be physically sick and wouldn't be able to swallow.

> - You're walking (or driving if you can) along a road when you
> see a dead pigeon in the road. How would you feel about eating
> it?

Raw no way - if I could cook it I'd give it a go.

> - Recently on Anglia Tonight (ITV news in the east) there was a
> story about loads of fish that had died because of rising salt
> levels in the Norfolk Broads, and they were wandering how the
> dead fish are to be gotten rid of. If offered the chance, would
> you step forward and eat the fish?

As above.

> - You're walking around on an empty street in an urban area when
> a man jumps you with a knife. What do you do?

Run!

> - Same as above, but he jumps another person and you see it
> happen.

Interesting 2 question here because in this situation I'd do the opposite and go and help, probably because it's 1 on 2.

> - Same the one above the above again, but this time you realise
> you have a (pen)knife in your pocket. Would you use it on him?

Yes, if he's willing to use a knife so am I to defend myself and the other person.

> - You're in your car and all is as you would normally have it
> (some people like to lock their doors whilst they're driving
> along just in case). You stop at a pelican crossing when a huge
> group of chavs come at you and swarm round the car, trying to
> get in. Some are in front of the car on the bonnet and some are
> behind too. What do you do?

I'd drive forwards as fast as I could and so what if I run some of them over.

Interesting question here which throws up a lot of moral issues, I think humans have animal instincts but we are capable of resisting them unlike animals.
Mon 20/11/06 at 21:16
Regular
"I may return"
Twain wrote:

Is my mate still alive? If yes, then I would probably wait for rescue, as I don't like the thought of killing a friend for food. But if my friend is already dead, then I might possibly eat them.

> it?

I'd feel sick, there's is no way that I would ever eat a pigeon, I'd have to be starved to actually consider it.

Probably, it depends on how freshly deceased they are.

Scream, then try to run, if unsuccessful, and he catches me, I'd probably kick him in the private area.

> happen.

I'd phone for the police, but would not get physically envolved.

No, I'd have the same reaction.

I'd try to drive off.
Mon 20/11/06 at 22:13
Regular
Yes.

> it?
Bad, seeing as I'm not lost or anything. I'd stop at a Wimpy.

Nope, too much salt is bad for you.

Block with bone. Strike with knuckle.

> happen.
Act the hero and probably get stabbed.

Nope, the police have my dna and fingerprints. :(

Knock them down at quite a slow speed.
Wed 22/11/06 at 14:36
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
> Suppose you're on I'm a Celebrity and you're really hungry. Would
> you go out in search of food or just sit around starving until
> the rations arrive? Or would you go out looking for food, then
> not have the heart to eat it or even kill it?

A lot of these question I suppose can't be answered accurately unless you've actually been in the situation already. When it comes to it, I bet a lot of you who say you'd do a certain thing, wouldn't. Just to make that clear before I post my responses!

So if I was starving in the jungle in I'm Not a Celeb, I probably would go out hunting, because I get really anxious determined when I get that hungry, but at the same time my fear of early death might be praying on my mind, through fear of being bitten or something. I wouldn't go it alone though, because I have a terrible sense of direction and probably wouldn't find my way back to the camp if I didn't have someone with me. I very rarely do things alone anyway - I like a second opinion and help if need it.

I most probably would, for the same reason as described above - I get despirate when I get hungry.

> it?

I would ignore it, maybe point it out, but I'd just go straight past. I'd have no problem with eating it at all, because it'd be fresh, but when you know that there are shops all over the place where you can buy "safe" food, I'd rather go for that, unless I couldn't afford it, in which case I would deffinitely eat the pigeon.

I would eat the fish! I love fish! It's my favourite type of food! I would have no problem with eating one each day, but obviously I'd stop once all the leftover ones started to go off. I know that "too much salt can lead to a heart attack" (Sid the slug) but I don't think that'd bother me. It hasn't affected me before.

First instinct would be to run. don't be a hero or wait even for a second just to get a glimpse of his face. Just run. I would run in the most public places I know, hoping that there'd be a lot of people around to see and hope that one of them would call the police, and if at all possible (which I doubt), I might try to dail 999 on my mobile whilst running, even if I can't talk to them. Ithink they'd be able to figure things out by what they hear. Also, mobiles are traceable.

> happen.

Because my phone doesn't play a sound when I take a photo, I'd probably try to take a photo first, then dial 999. Obviously I'd try to stay unseen, but if I can't, I'd keep my distance and be prepared to run. If I can successfully remain in the vicinity without him spotting me before he pegs it, then I would wait until he goes and then go over and help his victim.

Only as a very very last resort. If he managed to pin me against something or pin me down, then I would get my knife out as quick as possible and hopefully I'd be quick enough to deter him before he stabs me. I wouldn't attempt to kill him though - I'd just use it as a deterrant, perhaps stab him in the hand if I can.

The car only goes in two directions - backward or forward, and I won't be getting out! Normally I drive with the doors unlocked, so to begin with I'd lock them, then I'd dip the clutch and rev the engine. Hopefully that'll scare them out of the way in front and leave me a clear way to get going, but if not I'd have no trouble running some of them down, but I wouldn't do it (intentionally) in a way that would kill any.
Wed 22/11/06 at 14:49
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I can't believe the ones that said "yes" to eating their best friend's corpse. Which part? Where would you start cutting? The thigh? the rump? -
Wed 22/11/06 at 16:43
Regular
Rump if it was a girl
Face if it was a boy.
Thu 23/11/06 at 09:02
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Sibelius wrote:
> I can't believe the ones that said "yes" to eating
> their best friend's corpse. Which part? Where would you start
> cutting? The thigh? the rump? -

I don't see the issue. The body is edible, and it's not like your friend has any use for it any more. If they truly were your best friend, they would want you to eat them if it meant you survived.

The main problem I foresee would be making it last. On a desert island, that meat is going to decay fast. That combined with human meat allegedly tasting like chicken...

And I'd start with the calves. Less fat.
Thu 23/11/06 at 09:14
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Twain wrote:

No i doubt it. I think by the time i was hungry enough it wouldn't look very appetising.

> it?

Why would i eat a dead pigeon? I guess it wouldn't be such a problem providing it wasn't mashed up and could be cleaned.

Yeah, no problem.

I've always wondered about that and my honest reply would be nothing at all until the knife is taken away, then my rage would take over and i'd beat them to a pulp.

> happen.

I'd probably help and end up getting beaten worse than the other person.

I think i'd threaten to use it as a way of trying to avoid trouble. If that didn't work then probably yes.

I'd run them over most likely and call it an accident.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.