GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC right speaker"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/09/04 at 19:19
Regular
I have my stereo plugged into my sound card..i have this song but i realised one day that some of the lyrics do not play, after some investigation, i realised that the lyrics come out of the right speaker, and wen i turn my left audio down there is no sound at all.

I thought that my settings were wrong, but i checked it all and it is all correct..so horribly i thought it must be a hardware issue. I unplugged my stereo and plugged in my monitor (has mounted speakers). Same problem, no right auto, sound comes out of it but it seems to be sharing what the left has. This time i thought it must be my sound card.

the weird thing was, when i plugged a pair of headphones into the card i had right audio!!

How can my headphones show the audio yet my pc speakers and stereo will not? theres nothing wrong with the speakers, they both work?!?!

Can anyone help?

btw if you need my system spec's they are on the uk HP website, i got a HP Pavilion t250.uk

Thanks for your help
Sat 18/09/04 at 11:54
Regular
yep its on board.

ive updated the drivers. same problem. wonder wots wrong
Fri 17/09/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Simple way to tell, is it in an expansion slot at the back of the PC or built into the motherboard for instants where you plug in your mouse and keyboard to the ps2 ports
Thu 16/09/04 at 23:07
Regular
i think its onboard, im not too sure, ill check the site now
Thu 16/09/04 at 21:05
Regular
"Bicycle"
See if there are any driver updates for your soundcard.

It's onboard, right?
Thu 16/09/04 at 20:38
Regular
i checked them, they are all in the center...

i moved the balance with the pc speakers / stereo and wen i went to the right the music stopped..

as i was doin it, i put my headphones in and i heard it in the right ear but not in the left!?!?!?

it must b a connection issue.. i put the same headphones into the stereo and no audio in right ear????
Thu 16/09/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Bicycle"
Get a new sound card.

They make a world of difference...
Thu 16/09/04 at 20:17
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Make sure your pc's sound is balanced in volume controls... if any of tehm ie wave and main have been altered for whatever reason, that could be it.... you could also try cleaning the socket and the pin... a bad connection can cause probs
Thu 16/09/04 at 19:19
Regular
I have my stereo plugged into my sound card..i have this song but i realised one day that some of the lyrics do not play, after some investigation, i realised that the lyrics come out of the right speaker, and wen i turn my left audio down there is no sound at all.

I thought that my settings were wrong, but i checked it all and it is all correct..so horribly i thought it must be a hardware issue. I unplugged my stereo and plugged in my monitor (has mounted speakers). Same problem, no right auto, sound comes out of it but it seems to be sharing what the left has. This time i thought it must be my sound card.

the weird thing was, when i plugged a pair of headphones into the card i had right audio!!

How can my headphones show the audio yet my pc speakers and stereo will not? theres nothing wrong with the speakers, they both work?!?!

Can anyone help?

btw if you need my system spec's they are on the uk HP website, i got a HP Pavilion t250.uk

Thanks for your help

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.