GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAME stocking Top 10 only?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 15:22
"High polygon count"
I went in to my local Game store today to see what was out (for PS2/Xbox/PC admittedly), and noticed that they have reduced GC shelf-space to just 2 racks now.

One is sparingly stacked with just the machines, the other has a few copies of each of their Top 10 games on the top half, and peripherals on the bottom.

Is this a general thing, or just my local store?

I know GC's "gone budget", but I was still shocked. They had far more PSone software than GC. Has the machine's popularity really dipped that much?
Tue 18/01/05 at 15:22
"High polygon count"
I went in to my local Game store today to see what was out (for PS2/Xbox/PC admittedly), and noticed that they have reduced GC shelf-space to just 2 racks now.

One is sparingly stacked with just the machines, the other has a few copies of each of their Top 10 games on the top half, and peripherals on the bottom.

Is this a general thing, or just my local store?

I know GC's "gone budget", but I was still shocked. They had far more PSone software than GC. Has the machine's popularity really dipped that much?
Tue 18/01/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Two year break!"
Blimey - Wookiee, I remember you from when I was on last. Some things never change!!

I've also noticed that recently. A couple of the Game stores in Glasgow barely have a GC section anymore.
Tue 18/01/05 at 15:55
Regular
GAME post no: 4456

GAME haven't reduced it's Gamecube stock in Cambridge, there is still a wide range of Gamecube software avalible. You need to remember GAME has never stocked that many Gamecube games.

Big releases in the future should cause an increase in software in the video game shops.

And yes Wookiee, Gamecube is doing as badly in Europe as the X-box is in Japan.
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:11
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Dringo wrote:

>
> And yes Wookiee, Gamecube is doing as badly in Europe as the X-box is
> in Japan.

That is entirely wrong. The Gamecube in Ireland and UK (one portion of Europe) has abysmal sales, not Europe itself...the GC is very healthy across the continent.
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:14
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Has the machine's popularity really dipped that much?

Yup.
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
How is the GC supposed to sell games when shops are doing this.
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:41
Regular
"\\"
It's not... Even if it took up the whole shop, it'd still sell only slightly more. People don't want GC games, so why try and shove them down peoples throats?
Tue 18/01/05 at 17:43
Regular
It's because idiots want to buy sh*t PS2 games that they s**till decide to s**tock.
Tue 18/01/05 at 18:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Is this a general thing, or just my local store?

Been that way in the 3 Norwich stores for about six months now.
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:12
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> It's not... Even if it took up the whole shop, it'd still sell only
> slightly more. People don't want GC games, so why try and shove them
> down peoples throats?

Erm... giving each console an equal area for games is hardly shoving them down consumers throats. The point is people that do have GameCube's have to look everywhere to find a game that should be stocked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.