GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAME stocking Top 10 only?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 15:22
"High polygon count"
I went in to my local Game store today to see what was out (for PS2/Xbox/PC admittedly), and noticed that they have reduced GC shelf-space to just 2 racks now.

One is sparingly stacked with just the machines, the other has a few copies of each of their Top 10 games on the top half, and peripherals on the bottom.

Is this a general thing, or just my local store?

I know GC's "gone budget", but I was still shocked. They had far more PSone software than GC. Has the machine's popularity really dipped that much?
Thu 20/01/05 at 21:42
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
The game shop in leamington spa has aslo reduced the nintendo section loads.
Thu 20/01/05 at 16:19
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Both the GAMEs in Glasgow aren't as bad as Wookiee's described,

If you count the one in Buchanan Galleries (There's acftually about 5 GAMEs in Glasgow), then nothing comes close to that.

One of the half racks they've got in the middle of the floor, half of one side has teh top 5, the other side has about 20 crappy games.

Hmmm.
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It seems to me that my local GAME just move their stuff about all the time.

Every console's in a different place each time I go!
Wed 19/01/05 at 17:04
Regular
"wake up nintendo"
i agree with this as games policy towards gc is a joke I live in glasgow and struggle to get games that i want a lot of the time. the ps2 and xbox have nearly full walls each the 2nd hand ps2 and xbox section has more games than their was for cube games i no3w buy most of my games off internet so i get what i want

gc is goin 2 rule this year
mario tennis
dk jungle beat
baten kaitos
viewtiful joe 2
star fox assualt
timespiltters 3

and oh yeah
resi 4 and the new zelda:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Wed 19/01/05 at 15:28
"The Will of D."
They have been slowly reducing the shelf space over in our local store in Witney, but it's a small retail town and has hardly any decent store except for Woolies (where I now work :D) and WHsmiths.
Wed 19/01/05 at 14:19
Regular
"Random by default"
My local GAME is rubbish for everything! so badly laid out and the prices are just incredibly stupid for each console.

Gamecube in the corner, top ten plus the main games that sell well. Wall next to it is the desk and PC rack, which has the top then a few other games. Then on the other wall is DVDs :\ and then a bit of wall and corner = PS2 and Xbox "multiformat" crap, im actually thinking of getting an Xbox, if i do id never go to GAME because the just stock crap at high prices. The exclusives (halo etc) and EA new games are at the entrance in their own stands.

Middle is the cheap, old, PC games...managed to pick up three games for a tenner :-), all old but i still love them. and then the bargin bin, which is hardly a bargin cause i could pick up brand new games from other stores at the same prices. Still i found the Zelda collectors edition in there so wasnt all bad :-)
Wed 19/01/05 at 00:30
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Dringo, I can't see how you come to the conclusion that the Gamecube is not in a healthy state in Europe...As far as I was aware it was ahead of X-Box.
Europe being the 'so-called' biggest market, Nintendo are apparently in a very healthy position with Gamecube. BTW: I am aware there is no definitive chart analysis information (like UK and Ireland's- 'Chart Track') for the whole European region like the N.American region, but I am basing my claim on reports I have read over many many months.

Oh...and DS is something else, it's wonderful- You'll see!
Tue 18/01/05 at 22:41
Regular
Gollum wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
>
> And yes Wookiee, Gamecube is doing as badly in Europe as the X-box
> is
> in Japan.
>
> That is entirely wrong. The Gamecube in Ireland and UK (one portion
> of Europe) has abysmal sales, not Europe itself...the GC is very
> healthy across the continent.

No it's not...

France choose the X-box, Germany Nintendo and every other area the PS2.

That's the sad fact of it all.

And GAME are pretty much alright. They'll be plenty of space for Resi 4.

Oh it's getting close now.
Tue 18/01/05 at 20:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Both the GAMEs in Glasgow aren't as bad as Wookiee's described, but they're still relatively pish in comparison to the PS2, Xbox and PC.

Ah well. I'm not bothered. I'll just get my games from someone who is willing to stock them.
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:12
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> It's not... Even if it took up the whole shop, it'd still sell only
> slightly more. People don't want GC games, so why try and shove them
> down peoples throats?

Erm... giving each console an equal area for games is hardly shoving them down consumers throats. The point is people that do have GameCube's have to look everywhere to find a game that should be stocked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.