GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can someone do me a favour?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/09/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Right, Ive been banned from ebay recently (because i was selling goods in the wrong catagory) and I stupidly wanted to get an IPOD off this idiot via email. I paid for the goods etc and the stupid IPOD never got delivered. I reported him to the police (which were useful to an extent) and Ive tried contacting ebay with no success. I tried to contact the fraud user through email, phone and mobile (all of which were useless), his mobile was turned off for 2 weeks, his home number was someone elses and he didnt read his emails. I was in an unfortunate position given Id paid him and had no IPOD.

Then one day, the stupid idiot ebay seller contacted me saying his bank account had been frozen (I had his bank details and reported him), so I gave him an ultimatum, either give me the money back or I take things further with the police (which I couldnt because there was no way of proving anything - the police told me to say this by the way). A little white lie in return got me my money back.

The problem now is I cant report this idiot to ebay cos my account has been suspended. His ebay name is singh_89

I recently found out he is doing the same dirty tricks again, go to this link and see the scammer in action...

[URL]http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=singh_89&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1[/URL]

He also tried to sell me mobile phones (which were probably stolen anyway)

All Im asking is for someone with a valid account to report him to ebay, Ive tried phoning them (and so has the police) but cant get through. Or if not at least contact the people who are bidding on his items, I dont want them being scammed like I did. If possible could you give them my email address [email protected] so I can tell them what happened to me.

Much appreciated, this is the last thing I could think of doing!
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Right, Ive been banned from ebay recently (because i was selling goods in the wrong catagory) and I stupidly wanted to get an IPOD off this idiot via email. I paid for the goods etc and the stupid IPOD never got delivered. I reported him to the police (which were useful to an extent) and Ive tried contacting ebay with no success. I tried to contact the fraud user through email, phone and mobile (all of which were useless), his mobile was turned off for 2 weeks, his home number was someone elses and he didnt read his emails. I was in an unfortunate position given Id paid him and had no IPOD.

Then one day, the stupid idiot ebay seller contacted me saying his bank account had been frozen (I had his bank details and reported him), so I gave him an ultimatum, either give me the money back or I take things further with the police (which I couldnt because there was no way of proving anything - the police told me to say this by the way). A little white lie in return got me my money back.

The problem now is I cant report this idiot to ebay cos my account has been suspended. His ebay name is singh_89

I recently found out he is doing the same dirty tricks again, go to this link and see the scammer in action...

[URL]http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=singh_89&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1[/URL]

He also tried to sell me mobile phones (which were probably stolen anyway)

All Im asking is for someone with a valid account to report him to ebay, Ive tried phoning them (and so has the police) but cant get through. Or if not at least contact the people who are bidding on his items, I dont want them being scammed like I did. If possible could you give them my email address [email protected] so I can tell them what happened to me.

Much appreciated, this is the last thing I could think of doing!
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:45
Regular
I'll see what I can do
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:48
Regular
How do you report someone? Never had to do it before...
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:58
Regular
No matter, I've contacted eBay Customer Services and listed all his auctions. I asked them to contact you if they needed verification.
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Puddleface wrote:
> Right, Ive been banned from ebay recently (because i was selling goods
> in the wrong catagory)

Why would you do this?
Thu 16/09/04 at 11:07
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
ßulle†† wrote:
> No matter, I've contacted eBay Customer Services and listed all his
> auctions. I asked them to contact you if they needed verification.

Cheers mate, that kid will never learn.
Thu 16/09/04 at 11:10
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
cookie monster wrote:
> Puddleface wrote:
> Right, Ive been banned from ebay recently (because i was selling
> goods
> in the wrong catagory)
>
> Why would you do this?

Why would I buy an IPOD without noticing all the blatant ovbvious "scammer" signs. I was a fool, i am new to ebay and must have scrolled down using my mouse and it changed the catagory listing.
Thu 16/09/04 at 11:15
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
New to ebay or not why the hell would you buy from someone thats selling goods that are brand new, or advertising goods like he has and has NO FEEDBACK what so ever

DOH
Thu 16/09/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I tell you what, this scammer isnt very experienced in the matter. He was almost crying when I mentioned Id reported him to the police. He begged and begged for me to "drop the charges" (There was no possibilty the police could have charged him anyway)

I told him on the phone "your home phone number is fake" and he just paused with a trembling voice. God, this kids got no idea what trouble hes in.
Thu 16/09/04 at 11:19
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
@ng3l wrote:
> New to ebay or not why the hell would you buy from someone thats
> selling goods that are brand new, or advertising goods like he has
> and has NO FEEDBACK what so ever
>
> DOH

I know I was a fool. I had been banned from ebay before this and wanted an IPOD sooooo bad, so I did it via email instead. I knew he had no feedback, but it was a chance i was willing to risk. And when I have an idea in my head, its hard to convince myself otherwise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.