GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man Utd. - Monsters No More!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/09/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Also taken from: www.SkySports.com

Eric Djemba-Djemba agrees that Manchester United have lost their aura of invincibility.

The midfielder feels the same thing has happened with Cameroon and agrees with the views offered by snarling skipper Roy Keane.

The Red Devils have made a poor start to the campaign, securing only one Premiership win, and twice requiring injury time equalisers to scramble draws against Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers.

"People don't see us as monsters any more," Djemba-Djemba told L'Equipe. "It is logical.

"It is just the same with Cameroon.

"We are not invincible any more."

The African ace is still confident United can compete both domestically and in Europe for the top honours.

"At the moment, it is a little difficult," he explained.

"Our start to the season has not been great. But we have had a lot of absences and injured players, and it costs us a lot.

"The season will be difficult, the margin is small, but we can get the national title back and I can state to you we will not be far away in the Champions League.

"I am sure of that."

----------

So, Eric Djemba-Djemba - of all people - comes out to "tell it like it is"...

But, MONSTERS?? What has the boy been reading....

Someone needs to tell him; we will ALWAYS be bigger than Cameroon, no matter what happens this season!

I'm glad to see he hasn't lost his optimism for what we still can achieve, however. Hopefully, that's a feeling that spreads around the Old Trafford dressing room. With a squad relying on so-many young players right now, we cannot allow them, especially, to get the wrong idea that it's all over already.

Still, I'd have expected maybe a Giggsy or even "silent" Paul Scholes to follow in his captain's words after these "crisis talks" we've been reading about... Someone, like Gary Neville, who really says 'Man United' in his name.
Wed 15/09/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Also taken from: www.SkySports.com

Eric Djemba-Djemba agrees that Manchester United have lost their aura of invincibility.

The midfielder feels the same thing has happened with Cameroon and agrees with the views offered by snarling skipper Roy Keane.

The Red Devils have made a poor start to the campaign, securing only one Premiership win, and twice requiring injury time equalisers to scramble draws against Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers.

"People don't see us as monsters any more," Djemba-Djemba told L'Equipe. "It is logical.

"It is just the same with Cameroon.

"We are not invincible any more."

The African ace is still confident United can compete both domestically and in Europe for the top honours.

"At the moment, it is a little difficult," he explained.

"Our start to the season has not been great. But we have had a lot of absences and injured players, and it costs us a lot.

"The season will be difficult, the margin is small, but we can get the national title back and I can state to you we will not be far away in the Champions League.

"I am sure of that."

----------

So, Eric Djemba-Djemba - of all people - comes out to "tell it like it is"...

But, MONSTERS?? What has the boy been reading....

Someone needs to tell him; we will ALWAYS be bigger than Cameroon, no matter what happens this season!

I'm glad to see he hasn't lost his optimism for what we still can achieve, however. Hopefully, that's a feeling that spreads around the Old Trafford dressing room. With a squad relying on so-many young players right now, we cannot allow them, especially, to get the wrong idea that it's all over already.

Still, I'd have expected maybe a Giggsy or even "silent" Paul Scholes to follow in his captain's words after these "crisis talks" we've been reading about... Someone, like Gary Neville, who really says 'Man United' in his name.
Wed 15/09/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Personally i'll be glad if teams come to United thinking they have a chance. That means they won't camp out around their penalty box for 90 mins and give us more space to attack in to prise them apart. It's probably a well known fact that when teams see Man United in the scheudle they play that little bit harder, if they don't feel that much up for a game against us as they have in the past that can only be a good thing for us as it means they will not be as cautious and take more risks.

Soon as we get all our first team back then things should improve. Rio coming back alone should give us a big lift
Wed 15/09/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
But then that won't mean anything if muppets like O'Shea give the ball away when we're attacking and the opposition goes and sticks one in at the other end.

Don't know where Andy Gray gets the idea that the slip by Howard was a bread and butter grab. Hmmm the surface is slick, the ball is soaked and slippery and you've got a defender stretching his leg out that would have put Howard off as he worried about a deflection. Go back to having orgasms whenever Lehmann knocks it out to Cole and shush. But then that may be the ex goalie in me defending the lad :-D
Wed 15/09/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Yes you are"
When you get all the first team back? That's a bit of lousy excuse.

Check out the squad/team picked/playing tonight and compare it to the squad list on the United website.

Rio aside, this is probably as close to United's first choice squad as you're going to get. And it's going to take more than Rio to plug that defence.
Wed 15/09/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Rio not in the squad, so our best central defender is out and Neville isn't there our best right sided defender out. My, only half of our defence is out what am i complaining about?

Heinze and Ronnie are only just getting back (or) into the team, Keane and Ruud are coming back from injuries so ok maybe i should change it as soon as our first team gets back to 100% fitness.

Oh and speaking of Ruud

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD!!!!! what a goal!!!!! Good to have you back lad, where are you now Andy Gray? If Henry had done that they'd need to be cleaning that commentary booth for days.
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:34
Regular
"es argh"
9. Portsmouth
11. Manchester United
Wed 15/09/04 at 23:36
Regular
Badgerman wrote:
> 9. Portsmouth = Crap
> 11. Manchester United = Playing Crap

:P
Thu 16/09/04 at 10:54
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
this has to be their worst start ever??? hahaha
Thu 16/09/04 at 12:59
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
man u stop making excuses. fact is chelsea and arsenal is better than u
Thu 16/09/04 at 17:20
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
at the moment half the premiership are better than man utd

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.