GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BT Broadband."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/09/04 at 19:28
"possibly impossible"
So, the restrictions have finally been lifted, allowing me to get broadband. Problem is, I have to go with BT so they can remove my ISDN network for free.

But how good is their broadband service? I would be going for the BT Yahoo broadband (with router for the Xbox - though it's currently not in the same room as my PC, so could be a problem). Anyone else got this and, if so, is it any good?
Sun 12/09/04 at 19:28
"possibly impossible"
So, the restrictions have finally been lifted, allowing me to get broadband. Problem is, I have to go with BT so they can remove my ISDN network for free.

But how good is their broadband service? I would be going for the BT Yahoo broadband (with router for the Xbox - though it's currently not in the same room as my PC, so could be a problem). Anyone else got this and, if so, is it any good?
Sun 12/09/04 at 19:34
Regular
I have it and it's as good as the next service.

Although they are introducing usage limits, meaning it could be a problem if you intend to play Xbox Live or download a lot.
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:16
Regular
It's ok except in January there's a 15GB a month limit.
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:21
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
I hope to go with www.plus.net as they have a good service and have been reakomended. Don't quite understand how you have to go with BT (unless there was a contract saying you had to) BT get money for anyone using telephone system to get broadband, just less if you don't use them as an ISP.
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:32
Regular
I have 1MB with a 30GB cap, but not even I download that much. Heh.
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:36
Regular
What's with all the capped services? I'm sure you can get 8Mb uncapped for about £13 a month in Japan from Yahoo! Why are we so far behind?

I have BT too, The connection is shared between 2 PCs, 1 laptop, 1 xboxlive, 1 PS2, 1 GC and soon another PC. So yeah when this comes into affect I'll have to have a new home.
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:40
"possibly impossible"
Staying with BT is due to me having a large box which has to be taken off the wall and replaced with the DSL network. BT would charge me for taking it away so I could have Broadband from anyone, but it's a free service if I join BT broadband
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:42
Regular
"a.k.a King"
I have BT Yahoo broadband, and I must say im impressed. Openworld wasn't too good, but the broadband is excellent.
Sun 12/09/04 at 21:00
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hehe - leaving BT now...

Just can't do the limit...
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:14
"I love yo... lamp."
I find BT Broadband fine. I'm not on the Yahoo thing though. Apparently, according to BT, 15 GB is still enough for me. I don't really download that much, but I do have Xbox Live and I do surf the net for stupid amounts of time. Go with BT for a year and then change if you need to.

Simple.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.