GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BT Broadband."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/09/04 at 19:28
"possibly impossible"
So, the restrictions have finally been lifted, allowing me to get broadband. Problem is, I have to go with BT so they can remove my ISDN network for free.

But how good is their broadband service? I would be going for the BT Yahoo broadband (with router for the Xbox - though it's currently not in the same room as my PC, so could be a problem). Anyone else got this and, if so, is it any good?
Mon 13/09/04 at 23:52
Regular
"Freeola Support"
SemajaI wrote:
> BT proposed to Maggie Thatcher to put fibre optic thoughout country
> and she said no. (not sure if thats true)
Well if its any consolation those people with Fibre Optic from BT are screwed at the moment if they want ADSL as ADSL is only compatible if you have the old style copper cabling.
Mon 13/09/04 at 18:37
"I love yo... lamp."
Problem? I fail to see any problem.
Mon 13/09/04 at 18:27
Regular
"ProGolfer"
So what you going to do about hooking up to Xbox Live i have the same problem.
Mon 13/09/04 at 17:07
"possibly impossible"
SemajaI wrote:
> Also try getting fast net out in rural japan :P its in the big cities
> where its available.

Visions of wires running through paddy fields...
Sun 12/09/04 at 23:45
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
BT proposed to Maggie Thatcher to put fibre optic thoughout country and she said no. (not sure if thats true)

Japenese may be ahead of us but our economy is better than theirs at the moment.

Also try getting fast net out in rural japan :P its in the big cities where its available.
Sun 12/09/04 at 23:28
"I love yo... lamp."
The thing is poke, this is Britain. And British companies don't get protected. BT isn't rolling in it, they suffered just like all the other telco's did, they have billions worth of debt. But whereas the French decided that if France Telecom was going to go under they would just take it over again, you don't get things like that here. So basically, foreign governments start to buy our businesses.

Which I have major issues with. Orange shouldn't have been sold to France Telecom since the French government have a big stake in FT.

The Germans would be a bit peeved if the British government basically covered a bad debt of Rover taking over BMW wouldn't they?

Sorry, minor personal gripe.
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:58
Regular
"\\"
Timmargh wrote:
> Aoe wrote:
> I don't know why. But that made me laugh.
>
> I know why, but I'm not telling you.

Gowan.

At least go on MSN anyway...

*shuffles feet*
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:57
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Aoe wrote:
> I don't know why. But that made me laugh.

I know why, but I'm not telling you.
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:53
Regular
change if you need to? After a years contract runs out? I dont think BT would be happy if people changed their minds.

I remember somewhere that a large percentage of their broadband users hardly use up much bandwidth anyway (far less than 15GB probably just 1GB) so to introduce a cap would only get rid of the people who use it a lot and I think we all know that it's these users that BT would prefer not to have anyway.

I've talked to a lot of people in other countries and they laugh at the fact we've just got our 3Mb service and the majority of our services are capped.

You'd think BT would be really well off with all that money they took from people over the years when you paid for every single second you were online. Sucks to be in the UK, atleast we're not doing bad with Digital television, except still no HDTV and still pay a tv license that many would prefer not to pay. I think you pay about £3.20 a year each to fund bbc.co.uk I'd rather not have the site if it meant many millions spent on quality comedy shows.
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:53
Regular
"\\"
I don't know why. But that made me laugh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.