GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"news on xbox 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/01/05 at 17:17
Regular
"no nonsense"
i was just searching for ad aware removal when this link took me to this site, thought you all might be interested, don't know if it is actually true though.

NEWS ON XBOX 2

Reports seem to indicate that the Xbox 2 should be with us late this year. A leaked press release from industry Dahlings and Electronic Arts seems to indicate this. Apparently, the launch should coincide with the release of the next versions of "Burnout" and "Need For Speed". But what to expect from the new gaming console?

Does it have a hard drive? Not clear. Microsoft may opt for flash memory instead, rather than the traditional hard drive found in the current Xbox, but this has yet to be confirmed.

How much will it cost? Xbox 2 is expected to break beyond the traditional launch price for new consoles, which has stood at $299. It could be as high as $350-$400.

What cool features could we expect? Wireless functionality and improved high definition outputs, downloadable content (and other broadband-centric features.)

Some questions, however, still remain unanswered:

The big questions, at present, revolve around whether Xbox 2 will be backwards compatible (in other words, will it be able to play current Xbox games?)

hmmmmm.... what you think?
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:05
Regular
"8==="
He's got a polo mint for an a$$hole.
Fri 21/01/05 at 10:49
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Aye! Can't seem to get enough of Tom Clancy these days. He must be minted!
Fri 21/01/05 at 10:02
Regular
they'd better have given Ubisoft the info too, since that company is the saviour of Xbox Live.
Fri 21/01/05 at 10:01
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Nah, EA have had the info and it is stated for this year, won't happen like, but we shall have to wait till E3.
Thu 20/01/05 at 18:25
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Buuuuuuuuuuuullshite brother.
Thu 20/01/05 at 17:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
*sniffs*

What's that smell?
Thu 20/01/05 at 17:17
Regular
"no nonsense"
i was just searching for ad aware removal when this link took me to this site, thought you all might be interested, don't know if it is actually true though.

NEWS ON XBOX 2

Reports seem to indicate that the Xbox 2 should be with us late this year. A leaked press release from industry Dahlings and Electronic Arts seems to indicate this. Apparently, the launch should coincide with the release of the next versions of "Burnout" and "Need For Speed". But what to expect from the new gaming console?

Does it have a hard drive? Not clear. Microsoft may opt for flash memory instead, rather than the traditional hard drive found in the current Xbox, but this has yet to be confirmed.

How much will it cost? Xbox 2 is expected to break beyond the traditional launch price for new consoles, which has stood at $299. It could be as high as $350-$400.

What cool features could we expect? Wireless functionality and improved high definition outputs, downloadable content (and other broadband-centric features.)

Some questions, however, still remain unanswered:

The big questions, at present, revolve around whether Xbox 2 will be backwards compatible (in other words, will it be able to play current Xbox games?)

hmmmmm.... what you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.