GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What about the DREAMCAST!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/05/00 at 20:23
Regular
Everyone is forgetting that the DREAMCAST is a so called next-generation console. It does everything the PS2 does except plays DVDs but it will soon BUT it goes on the internet NOW! The first on-line game is coming out in a week. PS2 is going to have to wait at least another year until you can even get a modem. The DREAMCAST is cheap for what it is at the moment and when PS2 comes out it will be about £150 HALF THE PRICE OF THE PS2. You can get games for £25 if you shop around but PS2 games in Japan are costing £50.

The DREAMCAST is a class console which still hasn't even reached a third of its potential yet. Most of the games on DREAMCAST at E3 are better than their PS2 counterparts. Also check out Bleem! on DREAMCAST it amkes Ridge Racer 4 look like Ridge Racer 5.

The DREAMCAST is going to play a major part in the future of consoles DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE IT!!!!!!!
Thu 18/05/00 at 20:23
Everyone is forgetting that the DREAMCAST is a so called next-generation console. It does everything the PS2 does except plays DVDs but it will soon BUT it goes on the internet NOW! The first on-line game is coming out in a week. PS2 is going to have to wait at least another year until you can even get a modem. The DREAMCAST is cheap for what it is at the moment and when PS2 comes out it will be about £150 HALF THE PRICE OF THE PS2. You can get games for £25 if you shop around but PS2 games in Japan are costing £50.

The DREAMCAST is a class console which still hasn't even reached a third of its potential yet. Most of the games on DREAMCAST at E3 are better than their PS2 counterparts. Also check out Bleem! on DREAMCAST it amkes Ridge Racer 4 look like Ridge Racer 5.

The DREAMCAST is going to play a major part in the future of consoles DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE IT!!!!!!!
Fri 19/05/00 at 09:12
The Dreamcast may well be a good machine
But a lot of the public tend to lean
Towards the console in their opinion
That will be leader in this dominion

The fate of the Saturn is still fresh in their minds
"What's the attitude of Sega?" as the future unwinds
To the inevitable pressure from the companies three
Nintendo, Microsoft, and of course, Sony

More importantly, however, are those writers of games
They'll be ultimately responsible if it goes up in flames
For the standard and variety of gameplay on tap
Will say to us buyers, "It's great!", or "It's crap!"

The PlayStation from Sony was such a success
Its dominance established through ads in the press
And general exposure where'er they could find
Which left all the others trailing behind

If Sega's Dreamcast is to come out on top
It needs to advertise, constantly, non-stop
To shout from the rooftops, "I'm the one you should own!"
"Buy me now, from the shops, or direct on the phone!"

An awesome presence it must create
Not just to survive, but to dominate
For the public at large will sense any fear
And if they smell it, they will stay clear

So at the end of the day when all's said and done
All four new consoles are bound to be fun
But which of these marvels is destined to be
The champion of champions? I dunno, but we'll see...
Fri 19/05/00 at 18:32
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
nice poem

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.