GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SPECIAL RESERVE LOGO...Time for a change?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/05/01 at 18:20
Regular
That little Red Splat isnt great is it?
Do you think it's in need of a change?
I do.
Maybe the site could run a little competition so people could send in their ideas for a new logo by e-mail.
What do you guys think?
Fri 04/05/01 at 18:20
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
That little Red Splat isnt great is it?
Do you think it's in need of a change?
I do.
Maybe the site could run a little competition so people could send in their ideas for a new logo by e-mail.
What do you guys think?
Fri 04/05/01 at 18:21
HEY! That little red splat is the ray of sunshine in my, otherwise, unhappy life.

Leave it alone!!!!!!!
Fri 04/05/01 at 18:23
Regular
I agree!

That splat is a great logo, and if it was changed, that may mean an image change would be needed.

If Coca Cola or McDonalds changed their logos, they'd need to do a lot of advertising to keep customers cos everyone's used to the yellow 'M' and the Coca Cola logo!
Fri 04/05/01 at 18:59
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
They should call it the Notable splat sale.

Because its been around for longer than a red newbie.
Fri 04/05/01 at 19:42
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Edgy wrote:
> I agree!

That splat is a great logo, and if it was changed, that
> may mean an image change would be needed.

If Coca Cola or
> McDonalds changed their logos, they'd need to do a lot of
> advertising to keep customers cos everyone's used to the yellow 'M'
> and the Coca Cola logo!

Yeah it wouldn't look right any other way.
Fri 04/05/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
TheMorrigan wrote:
> That little Red Splat isnt great is it?
Do you think it's in need
> of a change?
I do.
Maybe the site could run a little competition
> so people could send in their ideas for a new logo by e-mail.
What
> do you guys think?

lol...

Still on about this?

You REALLY want to get the logo changed huh?

:)
Fri 04/05/01 at 22:32
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Yeh that logo rules. Its been part of my life for like 8 years. Its in your face as if cheap prices r being splatted into your face.

Without it SR would not be SR. :)
Fri 04/05/01 at 22:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Edgy wrote:
> I agree!

That splat is a great logo, and if it was changed, that
> may mean an image change would be needed.

If Coca Cola or
> McDonalds changed their logos, they'd need to do a lot of
> advertising to keep customers cos everyone's used to the yellow 'M'
> and the Coca Cola logo!

But remember Pepsi have changed their logo... twice!

Maybe it is time for a new, slicker, cooler special reserve. A new sharp logo, with a dark, pure background and subtle writting that really got your attention. And then a web site in the same style,

Sonic
Fri 04/05/01 at 23:38
Regular
I preferred the old Pepsi logo!
Sat 05/05/01 at 00:12
Hmmm... the Red Splat logo... kind of thought about it needs a redesign but I thought more aobut it. It really is unique. Take away the writting over it and you still instantly know it is Special Reserve. That I believe is the utlimate in advertising. Nike, McDonalds, Coke don't have to put thier name by the image you know who they are. You would also know if they we changed even if a slight change, That is how strong they are. I can still remember the old BT logo (small yellow spots in a circle with the same small yellow spots making the letters BT in the middle). I wouldn't say it was high on style but it was effective. Same with McDonalds. NIke actually have a logo that people recognise without the name next to it and the logo is actuially a good design.

What I think may need to happen (and it could start to happen) is ways of using the logo in different colours and textures and different elements. Generally play about with it in different ads and banners. The shape of the splat is really distinct. I have a few ideas...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.