GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come on Sony!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/05/01 at 17:04
Regular
Who can stop Nintendo and it's ever running success with the GameBoy?
For 12 years now The Gameboy has been the market leader of Handhelds, It's been classed as the most Successful Console of all time. We have seen competitors come and go such as Atari with the Lynx, Sega GameGear, NeoGeo Pocket, Bandai Wonderswan and even Sony once hinted of joining in, but they seemed to have run away in fear of humiliation.
Granted, it can be a great little Console, the reason partly to its success is its market -it latched onto the young generation in the Early 90's and then again with the appearance of Pokemon, in Late 90's.
I think One console isnt a good thing for the Gamers, Sony should reconsider and give Nintendo a run for it's Money and release a handheld. A bit of Competition would do it no-harm. In fact it would be a lot of help to the people who buy them.
Look at what the N64 did when it was released, Sony realised that they had competition and Actually Lowered the Price of the PS, people then couldnt turn a blind eye to it. The Dual Shock was released due to the N64 Rumble Pak, Anologue Sticks where introduced too, again due to N64's success with their's.
That's what a little competition does.
What new handheld is there to rival GBoy Advance? Come on Sony! (Or Microsoft)
Fri 04/05/01 at 17:04
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Who can stop Nintendo and it's ever running success with the GameBoy?
For 12 years now The Gameboy has been the market leader of Handhelds, It's been classed as the most Successful Console of all time. We have seen competitors come and go such as Atari with the Lynx, Sega GameGear, NeoGeo Pocket, Bandai Wonderswan and even Sony once hinted of joining in, but they seemed to have run away in fear of humiliation.
Granted, it can be a great little Console, the reason partly to its success is its market -it latched onto the young generation in the Early 90's and then again with the appearance of Pokemon, in Late 90's.
I think One console isnt a good thing for the Gamers, Sony should reconsider and give Nintendo a run for it's Money and release a handheld. A bit of Competition would do it no-harm. In fact it would be a lot of help to the people who buy them.
Look at what the N64 did when it was released, Sony realised that they had competition and Actually Lowered the Price of the PS, people then couldnt turn a blind eye to it. The Dual Shock was released due to the N64 Rumble Pak, Anologue Sticks where introduced too, again due to N64's success with their's.
That's what a little competition does.
What new handheld is there to rival GBoy Advance? Come on Sony! (Or Microsoft)
Fri 04/05/01 at 17:07
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Both Sony and Microsoft are making hand held machines...

MS are waiting to see how the X-Box launch, etc... goes...

(I understand, Sony are intending to launch the handheld inbetween the death of the PS2 and the launch of the PS3... but I dontknow for sure?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.