GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The US led War On Terror"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/09/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Right oh then. This is a threat to expand a discussion already taking place.

What are your thoughts on the US led WAR On Terror? Do you think its the right way to go? Why? The wrong way to go? Why? What would you do to get rid of Terrorism?

I'll save my thoughts until later, and i have some other peoples quotes i'd also like to add, but later.
Tue 14/09/04 at 07:20
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
[URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1303827,00.html[/URL]

Pretty much says it all about how the coalition in Iraq and the WOT are doing more for terrorist recruitment that 9/11.
Mon 13/09/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I like the way the whole of the West found it horrific seeing those people jumping up and down with glee in the Middle East when 9/11 occured.

They must be so pleased to see someone taking action against the worlds biggest terrorist threat, America.

America says it fights for the worlds freedom, but as the saying goes, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter", so America can shove their 'freedom' up their arze, if they can get their head out of it first.

"God bless America". Yeah, good one.
Mon 13/09/04 at 11:10
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> The war on terror made me realise what a joke America and all it
> stands for is.

It seems like a nice dream - freedom, democracy and meritocracy ('you get what your efforts earn').

Democracy - lol, I don't need to explain where that one's gone wrong, do I?

Freedom - One thing Mark Thomas said has stuck with me 'If freedom is to mean anything, it has to mean freedom from poverty'.
The point is that you can be oppressed by poverty / financial position and the inopportunity they bring just as much as by a political system.
Feeble state welfare and health provision, and widespread financial poverty undermine political freedom.
And don't get me started on how patriotism is used to control people :^)

Meritocracy - Heh. Look at the president. An incompetent assclown gets almost half the vote through birthright.
Meanwhile the rich stay rich, the poor stay poor, for the most part. Yes, exceptions happen, but it's rare, and if you want to rise from the lower ranks, you need a lot of lucky breaks as well as talent and effort. That's not a meritocracy.
The corporate ties to politics show a class system of a wealthy elite with the financial and political power, and a poorer class of individuals with neither. Easier to move between classes than your traditional class system, but a class system nontheless.

Still, despite all that, I'd argue it's no worse a place than most other countries.
Its just that America can't live up to what it stands for. Their failings are akin to those you can see anywhere in the world.
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The
War
Against
Terror
Sun 12/09/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
tphi wrote:
>If 9/11 hadn't happend, this wouldn't be happening, and we would not be in Iraq

Well the Afghanistan war wouldn't have happened but the Iraq war would probably have happened. That is just Bush finishing dad's business
Sun 12/09/04 at 15:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
The war on terror made me realise what a joke America and all it stands for is.

They get involved in a war with the wrong country because someone flew a plane into their buildings. They blamed the first people they could find.

It's petty and uber-immature.
Sun 12/09/04 at 13:29
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> War on terror? What a f***ing joke!
>
>
> It was a war on Al Qaeda, to avenge 9/11. To a limited extent this
> continues.
>
> Then Bush used the excuse to legitimise his attack on Iraq.
>
> There is no war on terror.

Completely agree.

Where is Bush in his War stopping terrorism in the world except in his play-battleground of Iraq.

Beslan proved Chechan Rebels are a major problem, as if downing two passenger planes and suicide bombing a Moscow station the week before hadn't shown it already (and going back a few years, the Theatre seige). Where has Bush been stopping them? Well, they don't concern the US, so he doesn't.

War on Terror my f***king ass.

If 9/11 hadn't happend, this wouldn't be happening, and we would not be in Iraq.

What the hell are we doing there anyway? Iraqis need a strong leader, just like post-Wall Street Crash Germany did. People seem to forget the people behind 9/11 are still out there, no matter how many Iraqi "insurgents" we kill. They're who we should be after.
Sat 11/09/04 at 17:15
Regular
War on terror? What a f***ing joke!

It was a war on Al Qaeda, to avenge 9/11. To a limited extent this continues.

Then Bush used the excuse to legitimise his attack on Iraq.

There is no war on terror.
Sat 11/09/04 at 10:58
Regular
"WATERCOOLED MONKEY"
I dont see GW coming over to britain and seizing all members of of all religions that are terrorists in northern ireland. Terrorism is terrorism and if you go into a boston bar they publically finance it.
Sat 11/09/04 at 05:52
Regular
The war on terror?

"They terror us so we go terror them back now!!"

America's Government and militants from taking turns to killing each other's civillians, who then try and stop this evil by joining the army/militia.

So when a group of angry orphans strike back at America for killing their families, America runs a few more bombs down that country, creating a whole new swarm of angry orphans, ready to strike again.

That's why I think GW is such a simpleton.

And a dangerous one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.