GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F.E.A.R."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F.E.A.R'.
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:23
Regular
"serenity now!"
Been hearing bits about this for a while, but theres a couple of nice articles at eurogamer today: [URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/[/URL]

Looks awesome - sometimes its nice to play a game that doesn't try to bring about revolutionary gameplay but just flings eye candy at you from all directions. Really looking forward to this one.

Screenies:

[URL]http://s101952508.alturo-host.de/gametective/images/screenshots/f_1574_action_var2.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://www.wogaming.com/screenshot/image/pc/f.e.a.r./image004.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://scr3.golem.de/screenshots/0408/fear/AssassinLunge.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://www.planetdreamcast.com/residentevil/images/Screenshots/fear/e32004fear5.jpg[/URL]
Sat 22/01/05 at 21:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Creepy wrote:
> I’m just watching that now.
>
> The kind of bullet time moments are decent.

I particularly liked the shockwaves from hand grenades you could see when in slow motion. Actual, bullet time will also feature in the multiplayer.

> And the kind of Ringu/Grudge/whatever style creepy moments are
> decent. Watch for the bit when the light keeps turning on and off
> behind a blind/bars ;)

That looked like a good jumpy bit, I especially enjoyed seeing the guy playing cack himself when that little girl ran towards him.
Sat 22/01/05 at 08:40
Regular
"eat toast!"
I've seen it in the magazines and it looks very good. I would certainly get it when it comes out.
Fri 21/01/05 at 17:30
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Part all out action spectacle, part full blown phsycalogical horror,
> and by the same folk who made the vastly under appreciated No One
> Lived Foerver games.
>
> Catch the full E3 vid if you can, it showcases some impressive
> sequences, in particular that freaky little girl that goes around
> tearing commandos to pieces.
>
> This one definatley features highly in my most anticipated games of
> 2005.

I’m just watching that now.

The kind of bullet time moments are decent.

And the kind of Ringu/Grudge/whatever style creepy moments are decent. Watch for the bit when the light keeps turning on and off behind a blind/bars ;)

Looks Excellent.
Fri 21/01/05 at 17:17
Regular
"serenity now!"
My only worry is a graphics card. Games at high settings are really testing my 9800 Pro now, and F.E.A.R. looks like it might go further.

If it was the 256 MB I'd probably be alright, but I mostly have to play on medium textures, even on HL2.
Fri 21/01/05 at 17:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Lived Foerver games.
>
>
> And Contract J.A.C.K (another one!), but let's not mention that
> eh? ;)

Shhhhhh, we don't like to mention that particular travesty around here ;-)
Fri 21/01/05 at 17:04
Regular
"Touched!"
Quite looking forward to this, seems to have a nice twist - FPS games are looking good this year again!
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cipro wrote:
> Lived Foerver games.

And Contract J.A.C.K (another one!), but let's not mention that eh? ;)
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
God, how long have we been waiting on S.T.A.L.K.E.R now? I remember going to pre-order it in february last year along with UT 2004.
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Part all out action spectacle, part full blown phsycalogical horror, and by the same folk who made the vastly under appreciated No One Lived Foerver games.

Catch the full E3 vid if you can, it showcases some impressive sequences, in particular that freaky little girl that goes around tearing commandos to pieces.

This one definatley features highly in my most anticipated games of 2005.
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:29
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Been looking forward to this one and S.T.A.L.K.E.R (whats with the T.I.T.L.E.S of these new games? sheesh).

Love the design and look (especially on the "spiderman" enemies, screenie 3), but not sure at all about the chubster on the last screeny with the RTFM belt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.