GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England interviews"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/09/04 at 22:50
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Could someone please tell me what's going on. I never read a paper. Left the room, came back thinking I'd missed the team interviews only to discover that I hadn't.

So what gives?
Fri 10/09/04 at 19:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
At the end of the game, it is still a TEAM effort.

I do believe very much so that David James should've by far done considerabley better on Saturday night. A very basic goalkeeping mistake - he didn't first get behind the ball.

But, to say he is to blame for England's draw is another thing altogether. To say that David James alone has jeopardised our chances of automatic qualification is plainly simple-minded and unfair.

For one thing, the defense infront of him could've done better to deny the strike in the first place. And, even if it had gone in, one more goal would've won it - but, did our attack really seem as threatening as we know it can be?

It reminds me of the FA's ban imposed on Rio Ferdinand...

All this talk of England's "we're not speaking to you!" whinge being down to the critisism of James alone, I find it hard to believe. I mean, who is DAVID BECKHAM - first man in on the celebrations of ANY England goal scored - to shy away from any chance to speak world-wide infront of the camera?!
Thu 09/09/04 at 21:15
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
It's just that James makes so MANY, AWFUL mistakes.
Thu 09/09/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think it was Lampard that said it best (some England player anywho) when he said

*it's unfortunate for David, we can make mistakes infront of goal and get away with it, however David can't even make one mistake or it costs us and is always remembered*
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:07
Regular
"Colourless"
Ant wrote:
> Exactly. We all make mistakes, and I'm sure James has made some
> fantastic saves for us over the past couple of years...yet they go
> totally unnoticed.

Yes, but the fact is he did cost us that win. People can take their moral high ground saying they don't blame him, "it wasn't his fault," BUT IT WAS.

I don't blame him for England being crap in general, but I blame him for that game.
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:04
Regular
"Colourless"
With Genius Neville leading the troops, y'never know what they might do next....
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:56
Regular
"I like cheese"
or†ega wrote:
> i dont blame them
>
> "Readers were asked in a poll whether they would prefer a donkey
> or James in goal after his error had presented Austria with the
> equaliser in Saturday's 2-2 draw."

Exactly. We all make mistakes, and I'm sure James has made some fantastic saves for us over the past couple of years...yet they go totally unnoticed.
Thu 09/09/04 at 14:25
Regular
This is exaclty what the Holland team did after they thrashed Scotland, they refused to talk to the press after the game. It was funny to see how Richard Keys and Andy Gray were shocked with the players decision not to talk to the media.
Thu 09/09/04 at 13:10
Regular
i dont blame them

"Readers were asked in a poll whether they would prefer a donkey or James in goal after his error had presented Austria with the equaliser in Saturday's 2-2 draw."
Wed 08/09/04 at 23:18
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Last time i checked they were, if they can't take a bit of criticism then do something else.

Not if it's utter garbage, which it is.

The anti-Sven brigade are a bunch of tarts, the players have every right not to talk to people who have been slating them.
Wed 08/09/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Indeed, should be very interesting what they will write about them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.