GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dell Inspiron 5100"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/09/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Bicycle"
Recently started using my Mother's laptop...

..and it keeps "hibernating".

Which would be normal if I was running it off a battery. But I'm not. And yet it keeps doing this.

I'm running just one program - CM 03/04. And it seems like it's simply overheating - but then, when it eventually turns on, it tells me the battery is low, and the power supply light flashes.

Whats happenning? It's connected fine and everything... Help!
Wed 08/09/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh.

Fiddled for a while...

Just the power LED. Now.

How odd...
Wed 08/09/04 at 13:59
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> But your AC power may be going THROUGH your battery. Try removing the
> battery and see if you can run off AC.

Still works.
Wed 08/09/04 at 09:09
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> When my laptops plugged in, all the power is from the AC, not the
> battery.

Most laptops go through the battery whilst using AC as this is the way most of them recharge. Taking the battery out, in theory, will prevent the Laptop from working using AC.

This sound slike your battery is dead/dying. Out of interest, how old is the battery? Most only have a life span of about 2 years (at optimium use), shorter if not treated properly.

Also, shot in the dark here, but the AC adapter is working properly isn't it? No blown fuses or anything?
Wed 08/09/04 at 07:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But your AC power may be going THROUGH your battery. Try removing the battery and see if you can run off AC.
Wed 08/09/04 at 02:26
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Try removing your battery, plug the laptop in, and see if it will
> power up like that. I think it may require your battery pack though,
> and if the actual cell is dead/dying, then your A/C supply will
> eventually not be able to power the laptop - which is what I think
> you're experiencing.

When my laptops plugged in, all the power is from the AC, not the battery.
Tue 07/09/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Try removing your battery, plug the laptop in, and see if it will power up like that. I think it may require your battery pack though, and if the actual cell is dead/dying, then your A/C supply will eventually not be able to power the laptop - which is what I think you're experiencing.
Tue 07/09/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Contact Dell and get them to look at it, it looks like the Laptop Battery may have had it (Could be wrong though)
Tue 07/09/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Bicycle"
?

I can't turn it on... The LCD lights just flash...
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:33
"I love yo... lamp."
Go into the control panel and go to power options. You can turn off hibernation and make sure you have the correct power scheme selected.
Tue 07/09/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Bicycle"
Recently started using my Mother's laptop...

..and it keeps "hibernating".

Which would be normal if I was running it off a battery. But I'm not. And yet it keeps doing this.

I'm running just one program - CM 03/04. And it seems like it's simply overheating - but then, when it eventually turns on, it tells me the battery is low, and the power supply light flashes.

Whats happenning? It's connected fine and everything... Help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.