GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is SR splitting Members into groups?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/05/01 at 11:07
Regular
Originally I thought that the member status, ie Newbie, regular, etc was a pretty good thing, however now I am not too sure.

Will members conform to their own groups, regulars sticking with regulars and to heck with the newbies (and vice versa)?

It is like a lesson I learned at school when I was younger. My class were told that people with brown eyes were smarter than people with any other colour of eyes. The class then split themselves into 2 categories the "smart" kids (brown eyes) and the "stupid" kids. This lesson was only in force for 2 weeks and the impact the lesson had was great. There was much hostility between the 2 groups until the truth was learned and everyone felt so stupid but it shows how much of an impact a small bit of information can make to people.

I used this analogy because I feel the same thing is happening here with the member status being viewed. Is it right that someone should be categorized because of the number of messages they make?

I am not trying to say that being a regular is any better than being a newbie (or vice versa)I am merely trying to find out what other member's opinions are. To be blunt some of the opinions I have read concerning the matter are quite disturbing.

[I suppose the member status thing is the best solution for now]
Fri 04/05/01 at 12:06
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
mcg_highlander wrote:
> Regulars - I know how annoying it is to see some "fool"
> write tons and tone of utter rubbish just to try and get
> "regular" status and/or to win a prize

Newbies - I know
> how frustrating it can be when your opinion, even if unoriginal, is
> not given as much attention as you gave when writing your
> post

Staff - Any jobs going?

SOLUTION: kick back relax and go
> order some pizza*

(*change this food with any food you would
> like)

A chineese take-away (damn, I'm a regular posting poo, better clean up my act.....)
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:37
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Regulars - I know how annoying it is to see some "fool" write tons and tone of utter rubbish just to try and get "regular" status and/or to win a prize

Newbies - I know how frustrating it can be when your opinion, even if unoriginal, is not given as much attention as you gave when writing your post

Staff - Any jobs going?

SOLUTION: kick back relax and go order some pizza*

(*change this food with any food you would like)
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:23
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
*LOL*
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:23
Regular
"smile, it's free"
No, but the fact he chooses the Gameaday winners does.....
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:20
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Cool, good for you Mr Snuggly
However does the fact that you are a member of SR staff make them* treat you differently than an average user

*them - any SR forum member
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hey, I'm a newbie and I talk to all the regulars.
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:17
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
no i was just one of those extras
who could be perhaps used in a sequal *wink-wink* *nudge-nudge*
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:16
Regular
Highlander, are you thinking of writing yourself into the story then?
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:15
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Cheers YH.....damn I better start posting good stuff from now on....how can I live up to the pressure of it all....*falls and ends up landing in the "He held aloft the mighty sword..." thread, falling through a mysterious trap-door and hitting the bottom of some dark room (however my fall was cushioned by some insect, hehe)*
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:14
Regular
Why not cheatguru?

They still post regularly, even if they post rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.