GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quite ugly One Morning"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 14:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good.
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:59
Regular
I thought it was a stinking, waste of time pile of crap.
Tue 07/09/04 at 21:42
Regular
"hulagadoo"
oh... I thought this topic was about my mum but only that would be every morning.
Tue 07/09/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah, I also thought it was good. One of the bits I didn't like was the "toilet joke" when the guy takes a shat as Parlabane and Slaughter hide in the attic. A "joke too far" as the guy in the Mail said, and for once I agree with him.
Poor old Tyson though..
Mon 06/09/04 at 15:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I probably will, seeing as I found it so funny.

I liked little touches like the security gaurd saying 'you're a naught y naughty girl' - just for some split second, or when nasty hospital man Lime/Line was yelling at the nurse for 'LETTING ANOTHER ONE IN', over the speaker system.
Mon 06/09/04 at 15:40
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cyclone wrote:
> I liked it, and I expected that exact response.

I know, but after looking forward to it for months, only to be let down really annoys me.

> Having never read the book, I found it funny and, well, 'good'!

In that case, please, get a copy of the book (extract [URL]http://www.brookmyre.co.uk/ext1.htm[/URL]) and read how it should have been done. It's also got the best opening I've ever read.

It's far grittier, funnier and intelligent than the dramatisation.
Mon 06/09/04 at 15:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I liked it, and I expected that exact response.

Having never read the book, I found it funny and, well, 'good'!
Mon 06/09/04 at 15:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
It was utter tat. SPOILERS!

Major plot elements of the novel were changed, and not for the better either.

1) Parlablane "ran" from L.A. He kills a hitman in the novel.
2) The Female polis wasn't a lesbian. Although the writers did change her name. So that's ok then.
3) Slaughter was the main female charactcer in the novel. Jenny is a bit player.
3) The serial killer element was removed (admittedly would have been bad taste after Shipman)
4) The hitman lives far longer than the B&B in the novel, and gets far more "digitly challenged"

I understand changing elements to squeeze it into two hours, but when the resulting two hours are a pale, watered down insult to the source material, I tend to get annoyed. Especially when I'm a massive fan of Christopher Brookmyres novels.

Right, off to read "One fine day in the middle of the night"
Mon 06/09/04 at 14:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.