GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Far Cry"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Far Cry'.
Sat 22/01/05 at 16:25
Regular
"That's right!"
Picked this up the other day, since it was only 13 quid or so.

First of all, what's up with the terrible graphics? After it said I had to run everything on lowest settings I did, and it was awful, so I put everything onto high, came out and went back in, and nothing's changed, the colours are all messed up, everything's pixelated beyond belief (I never thought I'd see polygons looking like that) and things pop up from nowhere.

My PC can run Half Life 2 no problem, but slows down on this even when the graphics look like somebody took a dump on a piece of paper and said "There you go"

So basically it's unplayable since I can't see a thing, but I can't seem to fix it, what's the crack?
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:30
Regular
"Like wot eva"
shame about the grafics but at least urs runs mine doesn't even play let alone have crap grafics or run really really slow
lol
YR5
P.S don't ask wot yr5 stands 4
see ya
Sun 23/01/05 at 10:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Cheers, Goaty.
Sat 22/01/05 at 21:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Anyone tried "The Project" tech demo? It's an enhanced viewable demonstration of the Crytek engine (that's the 'well good' graphics that power Far Cry) that also plays out like a longer, alternative intro to the game.

Very impressive graphics, even managed to lag my PC and that could run Far Cry at full whack with no problems whatsoever.

Just thought I'd give it a mention seeing as where on the subject of graphics an' all.
Sat 22/01/05 at 19:20
Regular
"8==="
No offence, but I'm glad I'm waiting for the xbox version.
Sat 22/01/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
This game has all flavours of problems running without the patches, and they big too.

[URL]http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_temp.asp?patch=farcry[/URL]

"NOTE: There are known issues with the v1.3 patch. Some of the more notable ones are that: v1.2 save games are not compatible with v1.3; those using ATI's v4.9 Catalyst drivers may have some graphical anomalies when lighting is set to High, it can be fixed by either turning down the lighting quality or using the v4.3 Catalyst drivers; and non-NV40 cards from NVIDIA may have water reflection bugs when detail is set to Ultra High"
Sat 22/01/05 at 16:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
It's a processor beast (I couldn't play the indoor sections on my old machine at all), but I don't know where you're getting the pixelated beyond belief from. The outdoor sections on highest detail are lovely, although a bit "cartoony" and primary color for my liking

It says wonders for Valves coding skills that they got HL2 to run on an average PC.
Sat 22/01/05 at 16:25
Regular
"That's right!"
Picked this up the other day, since it was only 13 quid or so.

First of all, what's up with the terrible graphics? After it said I had to run everything on lowest settings I did, and it was awful, so I put everything onto high, came out and went back in, and nothing's changed, the colours are all messed up, everything's pixelated beyond belief (I never thought I'd see polygons looking like that) and things pop up from nowhere.

My PC can run Half Life 2 no problem, but slows down on this even when the graphics look like somebody took a dump on a piece of paper and said "There you go"

So basically it's unplayable since I can't see a thing, but I can't seem to fix it, what's the crack?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.