GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help Meeeeeee! - phones and contracts and stuff :)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/09/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Light of the world"
HEYA GUYS!

Its me Ginge asking your kind advice again

- Right! I am into uni now wahooo and I have a dilemna my phone is a pile of something not nice, it cuts out when talking to someone the phone scrambles so you cannot activate it at ALL... This is probably due to 1) I did drop down the loo a few times 2) it has dropped on the floor with minor damage a few times and 3) its a nokia..

I top it up atleast twice and im on pay as you go so bout 20 or 30 quid a month on this thing.. I get 300 free texts a month but calls are expensiv etc etc..

What i need help with is your advice on contracts.. I was browsing a catalogue for the car phone warehouse today and seeing i need a new phone a contract could get me a new one (and one a yr) free.. It would also *probably* be cheaper than me spending the usual a month

- Are any of you on contracts?

- Whats ya deal and is it good?

- KNow of anything i might benefit from?

- What should i run a mile from when the spotty same sized kid tries to flog me it behind a counter?

Bare in mind i moving away from home at uni and will wanna ring home and sam (my loverr of 2 1/2 yrs) regularly as i will obviously miss em

Cheers chums and as always

Lil ginge loves youuuuuu xxx *especially borat*
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Light of the world"
HEYA GUYS!

Its me Ginge asking your kind advice again

- Right! I am into uni now wahooo and I have a dilemna my phone is a pile of something not nice, it cuts out when talking to someone the phone scrambles so you cannot activate it at ALL... This is probably due to 1) I did drop down the loo a few times 2) it has dropped on the floor with minor damage a few times and 3) its a nokia..

I top it up atleast twice and im on pay as you go so bout 20 or 30 quid a month on this thing.. I get 300 free texts a month but calls are expensiv etc etc..

What i need help with is your advice on contracts.. I was browsing a catalogue for the car phone warehouse today and seeing i need a new phone a contract could get me a new one (and one a yr) free.. It would also *probably* be cheaper than me spending the usual a month

- Are any of you on contracts?

- Whats ya deal and is it good?

- KNow of anything i might benefit from?

- What should i run a mile from when the spotty same sized kid tries to flog me it behind a counter?

Bare in mind i moving away from home at uni and will wanna ring home and sam (my loverr of 2 1/2 yrs) regularly as i will obviously miss em

Cheers chums and as always

Lil ginge loves youuuuuu xxx *especially borat*
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I feel ive overspent if it top up my phone with more than £20 a year.
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:41
Regular
"Light of the world"
yea you sound like my little bro..

It is mostly drained on sam actually though recently its been getting better now i can drive it takes less time nipping round for a hug! but to nip round the quick two and a half hour journey for a hug whilst at uni is not so convenient....

hence the HELLLLP :)
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:42
Regular
You dropped it down the loo?

Hehe, One only has to wonder how long it took you before diving in to get it out :-)
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Youve dropped it down the loo twice and you let it touch your face?

OMG pooface!
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:45
Regular
It all depends on what network your mates are on. Go on the same as them.
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:48
Regular
"Light of the world"
this is what i thought... thats why i am on O2

But it still works out pooey.... like my face CM thanks v much

Some of the deals come with any network free talk time for how ever many minutes.. thats pretty cool.
Sun 05/09/04 at 21:18
Regular
I get 500 any network off-peak minutes and 100 SMS a month for £25, best tariff i've found anywhere for the calls I make. O2 Leisure Time All (although I have it on Orange with their OVP).
Sun 05/09/04 at 21:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I'm on the vodafone Online 100 that you can only get online.

Costs £14.99 a month with 100 free minutes each month that carry over, also get something like £5 worth of messages or WAP service a month too but I'm not exactly sure if that was a special deal when I ordered. A good range of phone free when you take it out too.
Check the vodafone site.

I've never payed more than £15 a month with it and got a nice phone free.
Also have had a few of those places phoning up saying I have a free upgrade too get but they can never beat the contract so just hang up.
Tue 07/09/04 at 15:17
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Don't go on contract thats my advice, unless someone is going to pay it.

When your on contract it's easy to just call someone and think 'oh i'll worry about it later' since you are not lumbered with the cost at that moment in time.

And with being at uni you will need to watch your pennies even more. I don't know about you but i'd hate to gt a bill at the end of each month when it could go on something like food, books or DRINK..i like to know where i am with my phone. Maybe after uni i'll get a contract!

oh and which uni are you going to?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.