GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help Meeeeeee! - phones and contracts and stuff :)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/09/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Light of the world"
HEYA GUYS!

Its me Ginge asking your kind advice again

- Right! I am into uni now wahooo and I have a dilemna my phone is a pile of something not nice, it cuts out when talking to someone the phone scrambles so you cannot activate it at ALL... This is probably due to 1) I did drop down the loo a few times 2) it has dropped on the floor with minor damage a few times and 3) its a nokia..

I top it up atleast twice and im on pay as you go so bout 20 or 30 quid a month on this thing.. I get 300 free texts a month but calls are expensiv etc etc..

What i need help with is your advice on contracts.. I was browsing a catalogue for the car phone warehouse today and seeing i need a new phone a contract could get me a new one (and one a yr) free.. It would also *probably* be cheaper than me spending the usual a month

- Are any of you on contracts?

- Whats ya deal and is it good?

- KNow of anything i might benefit from?

- What should i run a mile from when the spotty same sized kid tries to flog me it behind a counter?

Bare in mind i moving away from home at uni and will wanna ring home and sam (my loverr of 2 1/2 yrs) regularly as i will obviously miss em

Cheers chums and as always

Lil ginge loves youuuuuu xxx *especially borat*
Sat 11/09/04 at 12:29
Regular
i rule even if i don't get a name.
Fri 10/09/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Light of the world"
Lawrence wrote:
> Don't go on contract thats my advice, unless someone is going to pay
> it.
>
> When your on contract it's easy to just call someone and think 'oh
> i'll worry about it later' since you are not lumbered with the cost
> at that moment in time.
>
> And with being at uni you will need to watch your pennies even more.
> I don't know about you but i'd hate to gt a bill at the end of each
> month when it could go on something like food, books or DRINK..i like
> to know where i am with my phone. Maybe after uni i'll get a
> contract!
>
> oh and which uni are you going to?

Kingston

And Borat your right dude your pants are being TUGGED down by a feisty spotty sales person on that contract!

...And who ever said about the relationship thing - I know its going to be hard and it is the single thing i am worrying about really. In the end of the day he has shown me that this is the best for me we have been together for 2 and a half years now so im sure we have a stronger upper hand. IN the end of the day if we love each other that much and are strong enough this is gonna be a test but im sure we can make it. We both put in the effort so I bloody hope we work as I would not want a degree to cost me him (I wasnt originally going anyways)

By the way smooth advice about xmas... thats what he said actually

End result is - im waiting to see how much i call people and the friends situation before i jump into contracts as i send F loads of texts and i know i would be charged more than the bill :( Also xmas comes with lots of contract bundles with deals :):)
Tue 07/09/04 at 19:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
AliBoy wrote:
> I'm on the vodafone Online 100 that you can only get online.
>
> Costs £14.99 a month with 100 free minutes each month that
> carry over, also get something like £5 worth of messages or WAP
> service a month too but I'm not exactly sure if that was a special
> deal when I ordered. A good range of phone free when you take it out
> too.
> Check the vodafone site.

I have to say ive had a look at the site and thats a really attractive tariff, im thinking of getting that tariff with the samsung e810. Its such a damn nice phone, it could do with a few more features though.
Tue 07/09/04 at 19:28
Regular
Kat, where there is no coverage by a signal from 3 UK, your phone will use an O2 signal instead. So as long as O2 cover your area you will be fine.
Tue 07/09/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Jackpot!"
lil ginge why do you love borat lol. Phones are c**p on tariff/contract anyway lol.
Tue 07/09/04 at 18:22
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
ok, go to dialaphone's website and check out the 3 LG something phone - 500 anytime minutes and 250 free texts for £25, so basically your bill will only be £25 every month, I'm going to uni and needed a good contract so this is perfect for me.

There are some problems with reception with that network but for that price, you can find somewhere with reception - go outside! Plus with 250 free texts you can text if reception's bad!
Tue 07/09/04 at 17:15
Regular
Seeing as you mentioned my name and used a term of endearment, I thought I'd put fingers to keyboard.

I'm getting my pants pulled down on my contract, in my opinion.

I have a Samsung E700 from T-mobile.

Phone was free, it's £32.50 a month with 200 free minutes to any network and 50 free texts.

A bit of a jip.
Tue 07/09/04 at 17:05
Regular
oh and i second Lawrences motion that running up a large bill is bad for your drinking.
Tue 07/09/04 at 17:04
Regular
i'd say wait 2 or 3 months until you are at uni and you will see your genuine requirements. Firstly by xmas the bulk of your friendship group will have been formed and you can get a rough idea of what networks they are on, secondly a ridiculously high proportion of home relationships however close, fail with in a the first term at uni. Ok it might not happen but a) its a known fact (we are talking probably 2/3s here with in the the first 6 months) home relationships breakup while you are away at uni, maybe not due to new people but however much you stay in contact its not really the same. This might also effect your volume of calls or at least were they are heading.

The friends argument is the most important though i would definitely wait a couple of months though to see how your life is working out!
Tue 07/09/04 at 15:17
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Don't go on contract thats my advice, unless someone is going to pay it.

When your on contract it's easy to just call someone and think 'oh i'll worry about it later' since you are not lumbered with the cost at that moment in time.

And with being at uni you will need to watch your pennies even more. I don't know about you but i'd hate to gt a bill at the end of each month when it could go on something like food, books or DRINK..i like to know where i am with my phone. Maybe after uni i'll get a contract!

oh and which uni are you going to?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.