GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Developers: Make new games!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/05/00 at 15:23
Regular
Would game developers please, please, PLEASE stop making rehashes of old games and think of some new ones!!!
I don’t mind two or three sequels but 4 is out of the question. There’s been about 6 Resident Evil games, there will be 10 Final Fantasy games, there’s been 4 Tomb Raiders, 4 Turoks. It just gets boring!
New games such as In Cold Blood, coming out soon on the Playstation, are great because they’re new so you don’t know what to expect. But making games with a 2s, 3s and 2000s on them will just get boring!
In a few years time people will not be buying games because they are bored of them unless developers such as Eidos make some new games.
I’ll tell you what, if I see a Final Fantasy 11 or another Resident Evil game, I’m gonna scream! Resident Evil, for example, is just the same thing over and over again. Zombies take over town, and you go round killing them. It’s fun at first, but then it gets boring and repetitive, and you don’t want to play the game any more. Developers could a least leave a couple of years before the next sequel, or do what the Crash Bandicoot series did, make a game with the same characters but a different type of game, (Chrash Team Racing), or a game coming out quite soon, Star Wars Episode 1: Super Bombad Racing. A fun game with Star Wars characters with big heads driving round in there own little machines shouting at each other.
I am looking forward to games like these, as it will be a change, and there will be a wider range of games. Thanks for reading, GamesDude.
Sun 21/05/00 at 15:23
Would game developers please, please, PLEASE stop making rehashes of old games and think of some new ones!!!
I don’t mind two or three sequels but 4 is out of the question. There’s been about 6 Resident Evil games, there will be 10 Final Fantasy games, there’s been 4 Tomb Raiders, 4 Turoks. It just gets boring!
New games such as In Cold Blood, coming out soon on the Playstation, are great because they’re new so you don’t know what to expect. But making games with a 2s, 3s and 2000s on them will just get boring!
In a few years time people will not be buying games because they are bored of them unless developers such as Eidos make some new games.
I’ll tell you what, if I see a Final Fantasy 11 or another Resident Evil game, I’m gonna scream! Resident Evil, for example, is just the same thing over and over again. Zombies take over town, and you go round killing them. It’s fun at first, but then it gets boring and repetitive, and you don’t want to play the game any more. Developers could a least leave a couple of years before the next sequel, or do what the Crash Bandicoot series did, make a game with the same characters but a different type of game, (Chrash Team Racing), or a game coming out quite soon, Star Wars Episode 1: Super Bombad Racing. A fun game with Star Wars characters with big heads driving round in there own little machines shouting at each other.
I am looking forward to games like these, as it will be a change, and there will be a wider range of games. Thanks for reading, GamesDude.
Fri 26/05/00 at 18:51
GamesDude wrote:
> I’ll tell you what, if I see a Final Fantasy 11 or another
> Resident Evil game, I’m gonna scream!

Well, better take a deep breath - SquareSoft are preparing FF 10 & 11 for the PlayStation 2...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.