GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ringtone Theft"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/09/04 at 22:21
Regular
Well the real theft is the cheeky gets who expect you to fork out £3+ for a new ringtone, when all it is is a converted midi file.

That being the case I got T-Mobile to disable the WAP features on my phone, so I couldn't 'accidentally' waste money.

Anyway, getting to the issue at hand - I recently forked out £4 for a USB cable from Hong Kong, for my Samsung E700. I was extremely pleased to see that along with the cable and relevant software was a CD jam packed full of ringtones, wallpapers and animations.

It's took me ages to sift through them all, and I have to say that about 5% of the ringtones are pretty good, the rest are laugh out loud terrible. Some of the image files are excellent too, I have a great many decent wallpapers for my phone now. You're pleased for me? THANKS!

Also included on the disc are various bits of software allowing you to convert midi files etc into 'mmf' files (that's the polyphonic ringtone format the phone uses to the lamen). I'm wondering if anyone has had a go at it, and if so, have you had much luck? I fancy making/editing my own ringtones, so I don't have to put up with the pap ones I currently have.

Following on from that, how easy is it to create your own midi files? Is it easy, hard or easy?

Cheers for any input, you clod.

[S]:P
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:21
Regular
Well the real theft is the cheeky gets who expect you to fork out £3+ for a new ringtone, when all it is is a converted midi file.

That being the case I got T-Mobile to disable the WAP features on my phone, so I couldn't 'accidentally' waste money.

Anyway, getting to the issue at hand - I recently forked out £4 for a USB cable from Hong Kong, for my Samsung E700. I was extremely pleased to see that along with the cable and relevant software was a CD jam packed full of ringtones, wallpapers and animations.

It's took me ages to sift through them all, and I have to say that about 5% of the ringtones are pretty good, the rest are laugh out loud terrible. Some of the image files are excellent too, I have a great many decent wallpapers for my phone now. You're pleased for me? THANKS!

Also included on the disc are various bits of software allowing you to convert midi files etc into 'mmf' files (that's the polyphonic ringtone format the phone uses to the lamen). I'm wondering if anyone has had a go at it, and if so, have you had much luck? I fancy making/editing my own ringtones, so I don't have to put up with the pap ones I currently have.

Following on from that, how easy is it to create your own midi files? Is it easy, hard or easy?

Cheers for any input, you clod.

[S]:P
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:59
Regular
Making MIDI files is basically just composing.

If you have the abilities and the patience, it's simple.

And I also bought a USB link cable for my E313 not long back, and it was also included with a CD full of polyphonic ringtones and stuff.
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
If you know how to write music, use Sibelius.
Just use the demo of course, considering the full thing is £595.

Seriously.
It's £595.
Sun 05/09/04 at 00:03
Regular
Speaking of phones, my mate got a new phone which allows you to use recorded messages as alerts, so...

I may or may not have recorded a message shouting "Oi you gimp, your phone's ringing, so answer it before anyone sees you've got a big lump in your trousers." :0D
Sun 05/09/04 at 00:06
Regular
"Colourless"
Sonar is easier to compose on.

BUT

Sibelius is better for writing out music/making it look more professional.

Tis all easy stuff though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.