GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Robinson for England"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/09/04 at 21:22
Regular
Stupid James. How many times has he slipped up for England now?
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
down wrote:

> Another thing he's got going for him is his experience, something
> that Kirkland and Robinson both lack.

Having the ability to play 2 games in a row without getting injured is something Kirkland lacks :-D
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:06
I think it was a daft idea to drop him. If a keeper lacks in confidence, dropping him isn't the best way to rectify the situation, and shows a complete lack of faith in the player.

Also if it hadn't been deflected I think he would have saved it. I think it's a tad unfair to drop a player on an unlucky deflection, don't you think?

Another thing he's got going for him is his experience, something that Kirkland and Robinson both lack.
Wed 08/09/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
However must stick up for old Calamity with the tabloid rags slating him for giving away the penalty to France. He shouldn't have even had to be doing anything at that time, it was only because Gerrard decided to play a sublime pass for Henry that James was in that mess in the first place.
Wed 08/09/04 at 13:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Get Carlo inbetween the sticks, we've already got a foreign manager let's start having foreign players :-D
Tue 07/09/04 at 14:19
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Should Russell Hoult be in the frame (i.e. contention)?
Tue 07/09/04 at 11:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've always said it was "only a matter of time" until David James began to show his true colours again - and look what happens! :I

Now, I know it's only the first game of several more to be played. But, it's also a bad start to the campaign. Ontop of that, we have to play several local rivalries, the "old enemy" Poland and David James' confidence is likely to be shot after a gaff like that.

You ALWAYS want a good start, wherever possible. However, we dropped two points, because of his mistakes - and it could've been them all! It doesn't get any easier in the final games, so, we're in for a rougher ride than '7th in the FIFA World Rankings' should be.

Of course, I don't blame James entirely for the defeat. After all, it's a team effort, at the end of 90 minutes. Plus, we have a money-hungry Swedish 'so-and-so' for a manager who, quite rankly, made some ludicrous sustitutions in that game.

Eriksson talks about how he always picks the exact same team because he "knows these players are the best and will do the job", but, surely, he can't feel that with David James?

If you want my honest opinion, he's only there because of "experience" over the others. Obviously, TALENT and CONSISTENCY doesn't come into his equasion. Get a new hair-cut, and you're in his team! With only one skill - being able to Schmeichel-like throw the ball over great distance - that's enough for Sven-Goran Eriksson and his (reported) £5m-a-year... :P
Mon 06/09/04 at 01:02
Regular
Robinson should be the England No.1.
Sun 05/09/04 at 11:20
Regular
I thought how it artistically hesitated on him added a sense of gutting to the characters involved.
Sun 05/09/04 at 11:19
Regular
Heh, the camera fixed on James after the 2nd goal with the music playing from the austrians was genius.
Sun 05/09/04 at 10:42
Regular
Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish...

Robinson is a great keeper but he's still not as good as James.

And I'm saying that as a Leeds fan and Robinson came from our youth team.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.