GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enemy Engaged Joystick Problem"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/01/05 at 00:14
Regular
Installed Enemy Engaged today and dusted off my old Cyborg 3D Gold USB Joystick, with a view of hellfiring a few tanks etc.

I also installed the newest patch for the game. I configured and calibrated the joystick, it seems to be working fine (in windows at least). But when I select it in the game menu and start a new game, the view immediately looks straight up and there is no response to the stick or any of its buttons.

Anyone come across this before? A longshot I know, but it's worth a try.
Sun 23/01/05 at 00:14
Regular
Installed Enemy Engaged today and dusted off my old Cyborg 3D Gold USB Joystick, with a view of hellfiring a few tanks etc.

I also installed the newest patch for the game. I configured and calibrated the joystick, it seems to be working fine (in windows at least). But when I select it in the game menu and start a new game, the view immediately looks straight up and there is no response to the stick or any of its buttons.

Anyone come across this before? A longshot I know, but it's worth a try.
Sun 23/01/05 at 00:17
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Are you sure the joystick is centred?

Also some controllers automatically centre the joystick if you're holding it whilst the game loads up?

Hellfire reminds me of something. Can't remember what the hell it is though...
Sun 23/01/05 at 00:28
Regular
It's definitely centred when it's loading. Can't think what it might be.
Sun 23/01/05 at 00:30
Regular
Is there any switch on the bottom to change the settings of the joystick? The sidewinders had them, not sure about yours
Sun 23/01/05 at 00:32
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Sorry then, can't think of anything, except:

When you say "dust off", is it old and broken?

Does the game support it?

Does it work on other games?
Sun 23/01/05 at 00:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hellfire is the name of an Anti-Tank missile launcher used on attack helocopters like the Apache and Lynx.

Yus.
Sun 23/01/05 at 00:39
Regular
Nah, no switch anywhere on it, Grix, just checked.

The game definitely supports it. The stick worked ok last time I used it. It's been in the wardrobe for ages and I hadn't tried it on my new system until now. Not tried any other games with it as yet.

The stick calibration screen has a cursor that shows the position it should be in, as well as indicators for all the buttons. According to that it's working perfectly.

There isn't anything related to the problem on the web that I can find.
Sun 23/01/05 at 13:51
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Cycloon wrote:
> Hellfire is the name of an Anti-Tank missile launcher used on attack
> helocopters like the Apache and Lynx.
>
> Yus.

Yes, but I was thinking of a game.

I think it was a level in bond or Rainbow Six or something.
Sun 23/01/05 at 13:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Nah, no switch anywhere on it, Grix, just checked.
>
> The game definitely supports it. The stick worked ok last time I
> used it. It's been in the wardrobe for ages and I hadn't tried it on
> my new system until now. Not tried any other games with it as yet.
>
> The stick calibration screen has a cursor that shows the position it
> should be in, as well as indicators for all the buttons. According
> to that it's working perfectly.
>
> There isn't anything related to the problem on the web that I can
> find.

:(

Well, I have a controller which didn't come with the correct software and as such, worked before, but then I changed some things and it screwed up. It doesn't even recognise it's plugged in.

No EA Rugby or anything.

:'(
Tue 25/01/05 at 13:07
Regular
Take a look here for the info you need, the source code for EECH got released some time ago and the community has been making great improvements on it ever since.

[URL]http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=30;DaysPrune=5[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.